Sunday, January 10, 2016

Project Pan Roulette Finale

Hello lovelies, I bring you all today the finale for my Project Pan Roulette. I decided to cut this short because I have other projects that I am more interested in and I felt like no matter how much I used these products, they just weren't going anywhere. I finished 3 products in total out of 12....not my most successful project. I am sure that if I hold off for another month I can finish a couple more products, but it really isn't worth it to keep these products interfering with all my others. 

First the products I finished up. Previously I hit pan on my NYC Sunny Bronzer and that completed my goal. Now I have finished 2 products completely. 


1. Salon Pro Brow Pencil in Taupe. I actually miss this now because I liked the consistency of the pencil much more than the one I am now. I have another one of these to use up though, so I am not too worried about that. I liked that this pencil had some warmth in it. I would repurchase this if I didn't have a million other brow products to get through already. 
2. ELF Mist and Set. This moved pretty consistently. I decided that I wouldn't repurchase again (even though I have in the past) because the spray isn't really a mist and if you don't hold it far enough from your face you can get droplets all over. It works alright in my opinion. If I was in a pinch and needed something cheap, I would grab it again I guess. 

Now onto all the products I didn't finish....



3. Jordana Easy liner for lips in Rock n Rose. I used more than half of this, but there is no way I would have been able to finish it by next month. It is a creamy pencil, but not as creamy as the Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners. It fills the lips in nicely, this color is easy to overdraw without it looking ridiculous, and it lasts a long time on the lips. I have a back up of this liner because I love the color and formula so much! 
4. NYC City Proof 24 hr. Eye Primer. I am not the biggest fan of this. I used a bit of it, but the progress you see is from me trying to smash it back into the packaging because it broke off. I prefer something that doesn't tug on my eyes as much though.
5. Kat Von D lipstick in Lovecraft. Comfortable formula and nice color. Wish I could have used this up, but it seems like no matter how much I use it it isn't going anywhere. 
6. Bare Minerals lipstick in Get Ready. This is the same as the Kat Von D lipstick. No matter how much I use it it isn't going anywhere. I need to pair this with another lipstick though because it is a little too pink for me.


7. Artistry Light Up Lip Gloss in Champagne. This is so close to being done but I will be happy to put it on the side for a little. I am not a fan of gloss so this was a challenge to work through, but I am happy that I got to actually put it to use and not just have it sitting in my collection anymore. 
8. NYC Smooth Skin loose powder. I could have had this done, but I opted to just keep it and not waste it. I enjoy using this to bake when I do really dramatic makeup, but since I don't do it that often there would be no sense in me finishing this and buying another one. I would repurchase if I had to though since it is so inexpensive. 
9. Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm. I tried so hard to have this done for this update, I think I am actually lower than where I marked it, but I couldn't figure it out. It is funny, I put this in this project under the category as "A product I regret purchasing" but now that I have found a way to use it and I like the finish of i, I don't regret it anymore. I won't be repurchasing because it is too expensive for what it is, but I have really started enjoying using this on a daily basis for something light on the skin.
10. Stila Stay All Day Concealer. I didn't use this at all. 
11. Wet n Wild Blush in Heather Silk. Really foolish of me to think that I would be able to hit pan on a blush as pigmented as this one. I still enjoy using it though and I have worn off the imprint a bit, so that is progress I guess. 

Even though I didn't finish all of these products, I am happy with the progress. A lot of these are items that I probably wouldn't have used otherwise. You can definitely look forward to some of these being in empties at some point this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment