Thursday, December 24, 2015

Pan that Palette 2016?!

Hello lovelies, I asked in a recent post and on instagram which palette I should use in my 2016 Pan that Palette challenge. Now this would have been my first year to do the challenge, and well to be honest, I have never been so afraid of a challenge before. I am someone who changes my palettes on a weekly-biweekly basis, and well the idea of sticking to just one palette scared me a bit. The answer came to me when I was watching a video that Lauren Mae Beauty posted on her youtube channel. This is the video where she spoke about how she wasn't ready to do a pan that palette project either. She spoke about how she decided to instead hit pan on as many eye shadows as she could. She has about 4 times as many eye shadows as I do, but counting all mine out, totaling 324, was really eye opening for me. I have hit pan on only 2 of them, one of which was because it broke, not because I actually used it. So, like I said, I want to hit pan on as many shadows as possible, but my goal is 24. That means 2 a month, which I think is possible with the fact that there are shadows that I know are really close to hitting pan anyway, but once those are gone it is going to get a bit more challenging. I like this idea better because I don't have to deal with my commitment issues with sticking to one palette for an entire year, and I get to make sure that I am really using my eye shadows. Considering how much I have been enjoying wearing eye shadow and trying different looks with all my palettes, this shouldn't be too much! I will also be incorporating this into project pans throughout the year to help me out if I feel that I am falling behind.

I need a catchy name for this to title when I do my little updates throughout the year, so help me out with that please! 
Just a few of the shadows and palettes from my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment