Monday, March 14, 2016

Wet n Wild Makeup Brushes Review

From L to R: Powder Brush, Large Eyeshadow Brush, Crease Brush, Flat Top Brush

Hello lovelies, I have a quick review of the new Wet n Wild makeup brushes. I own 4 out of the 17 that they make. I didn't see that many of them in the Walgreens that I went to. That was where I had seen them first, but they have slowly been making their way into other stores. 

The brushes range between $0.99 and $2.99. Some of them are sold exclusively online. They all have white handles that have a small imprint where you can place your thumb. The bristles are "two-toned synthetic Polymax fibers that mimics the consistency of natural hairs." They are pink and white bristles. They are only labeled on the packaging, but not on the brushes themselves. 

These brushes are really soft and apply product really well. I get an even application every time with these brushes.

Powder brush: I have been using this for my blush and I like using it that way. I can see this working for bronzer and an all over face powder as well. It is fluffy, but still has a denseness to it. 

Large Eyeshadow brush: This is a nice brush for doing a one-shadow look. It is really pinched in at the bottom of the bristles, but gets fluffier to the top. The way I think of it is that it is a cross between a flat shader and crease brush.

 Crease Brush: This has grown to be in my top crease brushes. It helps that fluffy crease brushes are the ones I own the most of in my collection because they are just my favorites. I don't know why, but they are. This one doesn't disappoint either. It is the perfect amount of fluffiness to be perfect for transition shades and for defusing shadows. This is my favorite out of all the ones I got from this line.

Flat top brush: This is an interesting brush. It isn't a standard flat top brush that I would use to blend out my foundation, which is what I usually use these brushes for. It gets kind of loose at the top instead of staying dense. It isn't too bad with bb creams since they aren't too thick of a consistency. I also like this for blending out primers, the silicon feeling ones like the Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I might try using this brush to blend out a cream contour, because it seems like it would do that well. 

Overall they are nice brushes that are great quality for the price. I have had some issues with shedding, but it may have been the batch that I bought from because I haven't heard too many others complaining about that. I think that if you are on a budget and don't have too much to spend on brushes that these are some of the best quality for the price. The only others that are similar in quality and price are the ELF brushes with the black handles, but I believe those range between 3 and 6 dollars a piece. I hope they make them all available in stores soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment