Saturday, March 5, 2016

Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo Update # 1

Hello lovelies, it is time to do my first update for the Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo project pan. So I am pretty happy with the progress that I have made so far with all of these products. I met my goal on one of the products already, and I'll start with that. 


Wet n Wild Sweet as Candy trio - goal = hit pan on browbone shade. I was using this with a pretty wispy brush as a brow bone highlight and I am surprised at how much I actually like it there. I am particular about using a matte highlight for my brow bone because I prefer the look of it, but this wasn't too bad. I am happy that I pulled this out again since it has been a while since I have used it.

Now to the products I haven't finished...

Icing Plumping lip gloss - This is my issue with clear lip glosses, you have to be careful about what you put them on top of. Anyway, if I keep up the same progress I should be able to have this finished by May 5th, especially considering I already know I am not going to be taking out the stopper.

Garnier BB Cream - I definitely prefer the one that is for combo/oily skin over this one. I find that my skin gets so greasy looking when I am using this alone. I have been really enjoying using it with the NYC matte bb cream. Using it with that product has made it the perfect face product for me. There is still a natural glow to my skin, but it isn't as over the top as it was when I was using this as a stand alone product. Also, this is way too dark for me. I never realized how much it oxidizes on my skin. 

Tarte hit pan on Macarons for You (top matte shade) - Still haven't hit pan on this. Since I use such a fluffy crease brush with this, I can't really target my brush in the same way that I normally do to hit pan on a shadow quickly. I think when I do hit pan it will be bigger than what I can normally achieve so I guess that is alright. I have never hit pan on one of these shadows before so I don't actually know how deep the pan is. 



Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black - I made alright progress. I think it is definitely more than I have made in the past with any eye liner. I only use this in my tightline so I was shocked when I made that progress line. I feel like I have to sharpen it more now than I used to because the pencil part scratches my lid if I don't. Because of that I think I will actually be able to get through this by May 5th.

Jordana Easy Liner for Lips in Rock n Rose - Definitely didn't make as much progress on this as I would have liked to. I want to get the Rimmel one I have in another project finished first so I have been reaching for that over this. Also, this is kind of dark for the springier lips I have been going for lately. I should have considered that when I made the decision to add this in the project. I do  think I can get through it though because it is my favorite lip liner and I like the way it looks under lip balms and when I want to add more depth to my lips if I am wearing a nude lipstick.

I am pretty happy with my progress so far. I feel like I could have done better with certain products, but I am pretty confident that I will be able to get through all of this by May 5th. I think by the next update I will have hit pan on that Tarte shadow, and if I am consistent enough I can get through the lip gloss as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment