Sunday, March 6, 2016

7 by Summer Solstice - Roulette Style

Hello lovelies, I have decided to do yet another project pan. I wasn't going to do this one because I am not going to be wearing makeup for the month of Ramadan (June 6 - July 5), and this project doesn't end till the 20th of June. However, I just can't help myself and I figured if I start it now then I will have 3 months to work on the products, the same as I would if I had started from the 20th of this month and went until the 20th of June. I didn't want to just choose a bunch of random products from my collection that I knew that I could get through, instead I wanted to do it roulette style. I feel like those kinds of project pans are a little more challenging and I could work on things that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Anyway, long introduction over and I will get right into the products that I chose!


1. Item that was a gift - Urban Decay Ammo Palette - I want to just hit pan on the color Sin in this palette. I think it is such a beautiful palette and I hardly pull it out, so this was a nice category for me to choose. I don't typically get makeup as gifts and it was between this and a Tarte palette, but I really wanted to get more use out of this. It will be the most challenging I think since I have hardly used this palette at all and when I have I don't typically reach for this shade I go for more of the brighter colors. 

2. Black Eyeliner - Coastal Scents Xpress Line - I was so bummed when I chose this because if you are following my other project pans than you know that I have a black eyeliner in my Finish 5 by Cinco de Mayo. I went with this eyeliner since I haven't really used it much at all and I really just want to get some use out of it. No where in my mind do I think I can finish it, but I just want to get some use out of it and that will be fine with me since it isn't that old of an eyeliner.

3. Beautiful Packaging - Tarte lipgloss in Paris - This was in the Away Oui Go holiday 2014 set and I haven't used it at all. I got more use out of the other 2 lipglosses that were in the set. It still smells and looks fine, but I really want these out of my collection since I don't reach for them nearly enough. They are good lipglosses though because they last a good while on the lips and are just the right amount of pigmented. It is a smaller size so I am really hoping that I can actually get through it.

4. Bronzer - NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzer - My goal is to get through half of this. I already have decent pan, so it shouldn't be too hard to get there. 

5. Lip Liner - Essence Satin Mauve - Yet another product that I wasn't too crazy to choose. I have 3 lip liners in project already, but I guess there is room for 1 more. I have 2 of this same liner since I ordered one not realizing that I already own it, but it is a nice color and I don't hate the formula. I don't think I will get through this whole thing, but I am excited to see how far I can get.

6. Single Eye Shadow - Maybelline Made for Mocha - I chose this shadow since I don't have much progress in it just yet and I wanted to challenge myself (as if everything else isn't challenging enough!). I used to use this in my brows and I feel like it is quicker to fill them in with powder than it is pencil. It is also a softer look and that is what I go for in the Spring/Summer. Using this will be put off until I get through the pencils that I am using for 2 other projects though, so I will have to see where this will go. I just have to make sure to put my brush in the same spot every time.

7. Maybelline Product - Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach - This is one of my favorite colors to wear in the spring. It is such a pretty wash of color and brightens up a look. I figured I might want a product that I am really going to enjoy if all else fails in this project. I have a good amount of product to get through, but I am not too worried.

Well, there it is; the 7 products I am going to be working on for the next 3 months. I really hope I can make some decent progress on all of these items, if I can do that I will be happy. Again, the reason I chose to do it roulette style was so I could use products that I wasn't regularly using. I will do my first update on the 20th of this month and then monthly after that. Happy panning everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I like that you did this as a roulette style! I have yet to do a project that way, but have been wanting to. I am working through several eyeliners as well in my various projects. They are easy, but hard at the same time. The Ammo palette is so pretty! I like that you tend to use the brighter shades in it, so I wish you luck on Sin! Good picks, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing project pans in roulette style. There is something really fun about not knowing exactly what you're going to pick. Especially since I am someone who is very into list making and I have a list of all the products that I want to use in project pans and typically roulette calls for things that are not on that list. Ammo palette is so pretty and definitely needs more love so I was excited that I decided to go with that one!

      Delete