Sunday, March 6, 2016

Writing Prompt #6

March 6, 2015

Thunderstorms...inspiring or scary?

Thunderstorms are neither of those things for me. I remember when there was a time where I was definitely afraid of thunderstorms. When I was too old to go sleep in my parents room, I would go downstairs and watch TV. I remember that I knew exactly where all the squeaks in the floor boards were, and I would hit the mute button the second I turned on the TV so that no one would know that I was awake and down there. I would just sit and watch infomercials because there wasn't anything else on around 3-4 in the morning that would really appeal to a kid and we didn't have on demand or dvr like we do now. Then, at some point in my like I just stopped being afraid. I don't really know what it is that made me change views on it, but I am happy that it happened. It's funny because where I couldn't sleep before when there was a storm, well now I sleep like a baby. When there is a thunderstorm during the day I just want to snuggle up with a soft blanket, have a warm cup of tea, and watch a movie. That is basically like my perfect day in case you were wondering. If it a storm during the summer and it isn't too crazy outside I like to go sit out on  the front porch and watch what nature has to offer. I love the smell of rain as it falls and the sound just puts me at ease.

It's kind of funny to see how much we change as the years go on in our lives. Now I want to think about all the other things that I have completely reversed in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment