Sunday, December 6, 2015

November Empties

Hello lovelies, I decided that I am going to start doing my empties on a more monthly basis. Since I am going to be doing the project use it up next year as well as 365 days of samples on my instagram (subtlebeauty27blog), I will hopefully be having more empties. There are quite a few here so I will just jump right into it! 


Loreal - Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm - I have had this for so long and am happy that I have finally gone through it all. I first bought it when I had bleached my hair and I had read good reviews and so I gave it a shot. I absolutely love this stuff! It makes my hair feel so incredible. I enjoyed using it the most when I was using it with the matching shampoo and conditioner. I have other deep conditioners to go through first, but once I am done with them, I will definitely be repurchasing this. It is inexpensive and really works!
Better Homes - Rustic Woods - In the past I have really enjoyed these candles (you can get them at Walmart and they are really inexpensive!), but this one wasn't that great. It didn't burn very well and there was next to no scent-throw. I don't know if the size of it has anything to do with the lack of scent throw because I have a few other ones from the same brand that smell amazing and have great scent-throw.
Equate - Regular Nail Polish Remover - I like this. It made taking my nail polish off really easy. I have refilled it as well and didn't find that I had any problems with it after that. I am only tossing it because I have been wearing a lot of darker nail polishes and the remover in there now is darker tinted and I just don't like it, it doesn't stain my fingers or anything though.
Vaseline - Total Moisture - love the smell of this and it really moisturizes my hands really well. I already have a couple of back ups of this. Really great lotion.
Jergens - Wet Skin Moisturizer - I went through 2 packets of these. I got about 3 uses from each packet so I am comfortable enough in saying that I would not purchase a full size of these. First of all I really didn't enjoy getting cold while I was putting this on because your body has to be wet, secondly it wasn't very moisturizing at all. If gave my skin a luminous look, but I don't really care for that so it was a fail for me.
Nivea - In-Shower Body Lotion - This was just as awful as the Jergens one. I didn't understand the concept of rubbing it all over and then just washing it away. It made the floor of my shower really slippery too. 
Nivea - Extended Moisture Body Lotion - This however was a great sample. I have a random spot on my thigh that gets really dry and itchy in the colder months, I used this for that only and it hasn't bothered me since. I am going to buy a full size of this once I get through a few other lotions. I would definitely recommend if you have dry skin! 
Jack Black - Daily Facial Cleanser - A product like this is why I love trying samples before I commit to a full size. This smelled so heavily of sage leaves that it kind of irritated my eyes, which is crazy because I love sage and I drink it with my tea all the time. Didn't feel like it did much for cleansing either.
Maybelline - Great Lash in I See Blue - I have had this for so long and decided that it was time to toss it because it began to flake on me. I really liked wearing this on my bottom lashes when I wear blue eyeliner because it really helped to enhance that color. Blue makes my brown eyes really glow and I am going to miss having a blue mascara but probably won't purchase another one unless it was a bit darker so that you can't tell that I am wearing blue mascara. 
Garnier - Ultra-lift Miracle Sleeping Cream - I feel like my skin is too dry for something like this right now. I didn't feel like it helped much at all. I wouldn't purchase a full size of this.
Aveeno - Positively Radiant intense night cream - I was not a fan of this. It was okay during the summer when my skin is more oily, but for the rest of the year it did nothing for me whatsoever. It irritated the eczema I have on my cheeks and since I have it all of about 8 months out of the year and I couldn't use this product during that time, you can imagine how long it took me to use this up. Wouldn't repurchase. 
Figs and Rouge - Hand Cream in Rose Berry - This was alright. I got it in an ipsy bag. It wasn't my favorite smell, so that is one of the reasons that it has taken me forever to use it up even though it isn't that much product. Roses and berries just don't make a very appealing combination in my opinion. Also, it made my hands feel slick in a very weird way before they felt moisturized, it wasn't that great at moisturizing either. 
Secret - Clinical Strength - I got this in a Walmart Subscription box. I am really happy I got to try it because I couldn't get myself to pay $8 for a deodorant unless I was sure about it. I don't really need the clinical strength, but I like the smell of this one. It isn't overpowering at all. I liked that if I did sweat, this is what I would smell.  I will probably purchase one in the future if I found a deal on it, otherwise probably not.
BBW - Pocket Bac in Vineyard Berries - Really loved the smell of this one. I have a few of these to go through, but I would most likely repurchase this in the future.
Crest - 3D White Luxe in Diamond Strong - I love this toothpaste and I never thought I would be one of those people that is specific about my toothpaste, but now I am. I like this specific one and I do feel like using this did help make my teeth whiter. They aren't glowing or anything, but it did lift some of the stains from all the coffee and tea that I drink throughout the day. I have already repurcahsed. 

So I finished up a lot of different products this month. Only one makeup product, but since I am going to do these monthly that is probably how it is going to be. There is also the fact that I don't include the makeup items that are in my project pans since I already write about them in those posts so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment