Saturday, December 5, 2015

Plans for 2016!

Hello lovelies, so as the title states I wanted to share what my plans are for 2016. I am hoping that this is the year that I rediscover my collection, use things that I have bought but haven't even taken out of the packaging yet. I also want to make it my aim to post at least twice a month, I have been getting better at posting more often and I really want to keep that going. I want to start posting favorites and reviews. I am not the best at reviews, but I guess practice makes perfect right? 

As for Project Pan plans, I am already doing one that will go into the middle of February, so I will definitely be continuing project panning. I really enjoy making sure I am getting use of all the different products that have been in my collection for a while. I want to use a lot of the new things that are in my collection that I have been purchasing lately, so I don't know how many projects I will be doing. I think I want to do another roulette once that one is finished and maybe 2 or 3 more seasonal challenges. 

I also plan on doing a Pan that Palette this year. I would love some input on which one of these palettes I should choose. I have posted individual pictures of all these palettes on my instagram: subtlebeauty27blog so go follow me there and take a look at the pictures. I also explained why I picked each one of these palettes, but I will just post it here too.


Hard Candy: Birthday Suit - I chose this because all the shadows are matte and I already have pretty good use on some of the shadows. I also like the fact that I can pull from other palettes and shadows and that I won't be limited to the shades in here. 
Tarte: Away Oui Go holiday set 2014 - This is from last years holiday set that Tarte had exclusively with Ulta. I added this because I feel like I haven't used the set enough and I want to see if I can get through that blush as well. I like that there are only four shadows to get through even though the pans are on the larger side, I still think I could do it. Also these are some of the shades that I always gravitate for and are an easy look for me to put on when I am in a rush.
Stila: Not so Nude - Like with the Tarte one I would use this entire palette including the highlight and cream blush. The pans on the shadows are definitely smaller and I already have decent use out of them. I wouldn't be worried about getting through all of them.
Lorac: Get Hot - I really enjoy this palette. Again it is full of colors that I gravitate for all the time, but it can go many ways. I can do a matte look or something more. I have a pretty good dip going through some of these as well.
Urban Decay: Naked Basics - This is the most expensive of all the palettes here. It is also the oldest, so I want to go with this one, but I am not sure about the black shade in there. I also think that I would get bored with these as well. 

There is my reasoning for each of those and I would really appreciate any input as well as any tips because this will be my first time panning a palette and I am as much nervous as I am excited!

I will also be partaking in Project Use it Up during 2016. I have created a master list of all the products that I would like to go through. That will probably be its own post. I often see people having monthly goals, and I think that is what I want to do, however I am having trouble organizing things just because I am not sure how long it will take me to finish certain products. I am sure that even if I made a list now, it would continue to change throughout the year based on what I am using and how quickly I am getting through them. I still need to fine tune a couple of things before I write out y post about this. 

Lastly, I want to really hold myself more accountable for all of my makeup purchases. Now, I was going to go on a no-buy, but I can't do it. I have a serious problem, and I am okay with that. I will be more conscious of what it is that I am purchasing and how much I am spending on it. I will be writing down everything I am purchasing and the price of it as well as the cost of the things I am using up. I will most likely include the products I get from ipsy even though I am not paying full price for it. I want to do this mainly because I am curious because I am trying to save up for travel and I know that I spend a lot of money on makeup. I am going to start keeping track from now (Dec. 2015) and keep going throughout next year. I won't be adding all of the little foil packet samples that I get unless it is for something more expensive. 

So there you have it. A rough guide of what to expect in the coming year from me. Let me know if you have any ideas for posts that you would like to see or specific products you would like me to do a review on! 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed panning my Naked Basics this year and highly suggest it. I don't think you'd get bored because you can incorporate so many different colors with it. As for the black, I have just been using it to set liner. But my goal has been to hit pan (not use up completely) on all shades except for the black one.
    ~Kristen Kay

    ReplyDelete