Sunday, December 27, 2015

15 of 2015! Favorites of the Year!

Hello lovelies, I bring you all today my top 15 of 2015! This isn't just makeup products, I wanted to include some other things as well. I will just get right into it in no particular order! Safe to say that I will definitely be repurchasing every single one of these items as soon as I run out of them.

WetnWild Contour Palette and Essence Blush
1. The Wet n Wild Contour Palette -- specifically the contour side -- has been so nice to use for my daily makeup looks. It is perfect for people with lighter skin tones like myself. It is the perfect contour color and it is hard to go over-do it with this product. I find that when I am in a rush but still want some dimension to my face I don't have to worry about it not blending out properly or being to sharp.

2. Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll. I don't think I have ever loved a blush as much as I do this one. When they say silky touch they literally mean silky touch. Such a beautiful shade. I have never been so attached to a blush before. I normally jump around because I have so many of them, but I used this for a solid 2 months without even thinking about switching it out. Such amazing quality for such a low price! 

Maybelline color tattoo, Rimmel Scandaleyes x2, NYC Liquid Liner, Chella highlight crayon.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. I love these as bases, but specifically this color. I feel like it works so well underneath so many different shades of shadows. It is also beautiful on its own for a quick look. 

4. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Turquoise is my perfect blue. It definitely pulls more blue than it does green and I am happy about that. This color has a way of making my brown eyes really pop and look brighter. I have been loving this for years, but I feel like this year anytime I went somewhere it was appropriate, I did a blue eye look and I always used this in my waterline as well as my lower lash line. My favorite blue eyeliner.

5. Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude. This is my second one of these that I have. I find that out of all the scandaleyes line this is the one that stays on my waterline the longest. I always have this still in my waterline at the end of the night, even when everything else is a mess on my face. 

6. NYC Liquid Liner. I know that everyone raves about this, and that is with good reason! I was really struggling with doing wings and lining my upper lash line because I couldn't get the hang of all the felt tip liners that are supposedly the easiest way to do a wing. The brush tip on this product is such a dream to use. It takes a little getting used to at first, but once you get it down it is incredible to use. I went through a daily wing phase which is something that I never thought I would go through. This is what perfectly winged liner dreams are made of. 

7. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Crayon -- or really the idea of it -- was really nice to use all year. It is so easy to highlight my brow bone with this as well as my inner corner on minimal makeup days. I loved that it is a matte pencil. I got this from ipsy, so I probably won't repurchase this specific one but I know there are some at the drugstore that I have heard about and want to try once I eventually get through this one. Let me know your suggestions down below! 


Essence Barely There, Jordana RocknRose, Rimmel Kate 08
These are ll things that I found later in the year, but I know that I will always have them in stock because I have never loved 3 lip products as much as I do these ones....and I have a LOT of lip products! 

8. Essence lipstick in Barely There is the most perfect "My Lips But Better" color. I have lips that are on the darker side so nudes don't look as nice on me. I have settled for the mauvy-brown colors and this is that and so much more. It isn't the most long-lasting lipstick, but it is so comfortable to wear. Also it doesn't wear down weird. 

9. Jordana Easy Liner for Lips in Rock n Rose. I already have a backup of this. This is the color that I expected Rimmel East End Snob to be. That one is too pink for me, but this doesn't have any pink in it at all. Pinks don't look that great on me so I try to avoid them. This is the perfect base for so many of my lip products. It also looks great on its own! 

10. Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 08. This is again just another color that looks great on me. I actually bought a second one to keep in my back pack for those days when I am running late for class as well as for touch ups after I eat or drink my coffee. Such an easy color to wear. 


11. Luxie 205 Tapered Blending Brush is a staple for me. I got this in an ipsy bag and have been obsessed since. It is so fluffy and applys my crease color perfectly. I use this on a daily basis and those days where I deep clean my brushes, I do my makeup and then wash them so that it is ready for my the next day. I have never felt an eye brush so fluffy and soft as this one. 

Powder, Blush, Duo-fiber Face, Setting
12. I kind of cheated here. I am counting all the Real Techniques brushes as one. These 4 are specifically the ones that I use on a daily basis and that in a heartbeat if anything ever happened to them. They are so soft and apply my makeup so well! The powder brush is so big and fluffy and is perfect for not only setting my face. but if I go overboard on the blush and bronzer can blend them out perfectly. The blush brush I have used for blush and bronzer and it works so well for both of those things. The Duo-fiber face brush is perfect for applying blush and bronzer as well. If I am using something really pigmented, I feel like this is the brush that helps me apply without going too heavy handedlly. The setting brush has been a savior while I am using my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye concealer. It blends it out so beautifully. I need to get another one of these so I can use it to set underneath my eyes as well. 

13. Glowy skin is another favorite. I love using highlighter on a daily basis. I feel like having glowy skin can change so much. When ever I have a matte look I feel like I look a little tired, old, and one-dimensional. Strobing becoming a thing was the coolest thing to me. I mean I don't strobe on a daily basis, but I have found that I really do love applying highlighter and giving my skin something extra.

14. Bronzy/Peachy eye looks. I am obsessed with doing one color all over the lid and blending it out in to the crease. Over the summer I was trying to pan a bronzer that had some shimmer in it as well as a bronze eye base, and that is when I fell in love. I would use my bronzer on top of the base (that was only applied to my lid) and then blend it out through the crease. There was little shimmer that was detectable in my crease so it looked like I had applied more effort to my look than I actually did. I have also been loving throwing peachier shades in my crease to warm looks up. There are so many beautiful peach crease shades out there and I didn't even know it!

15. Project panning has definitely been a favorite. I actually started getting into it later in the year, but it is a favorite nonetheless. There is something so satisfying about actually being able to finish products or hit pan on products. There were some items that I finished that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. I will continue to do it through next year because of how much I have been enjoying it. It has also brought me back to my blog again. I don't think I would have posted nearly as much as I have been if I was going on the way that I was before. The project pan community is also a big bonus. There are so many people cheering one another on and it is so motivating to have them there. 

Well there are my favorite 15 of 2015. It has been quite the year, and if you want to know what else I loved about it go check out my other blog: writingreader27.blogspot.com I have as much planned over there as I do here in the next year! Bitter sweet that 2015 is ending, but way to excited for next year to dwell on it. Happy new year everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment