Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Love to Project Pan: Finish 14 by Feb. 14 Update #2

Hello lovelies, I know I am a day late and that it is 11:40 pm as I type this, but better late than never. I have one more paper to finish and then I will be done with the semester from hell, so I will try not to be so late with posting again! Anyway, on to the update because that is what you are all here for.

So, as I mentioned, it has been the semester from hell and there were about 2 weeks where I kind of just skipped the whole makeup thing. If I did wear makeup it was just bb cream, brows, and mascara. Because of this, my progress isn't nearly as much as I had hoped it would be. I did finish 3 products, but I will get to that at the end! 




I will just go in order that they are in the pictures. I did forget to include the Maybelline concealer in my photos and that is why it is in its own picture. 
1. Maybelline Babylips in Grape Vine - Made some amazing progress on this! I will definitely be able to get through this with no problem and I will be happy to move it out of my collection. 
2. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - I finally got a wringer and so I squeezed as much of the air out of this tube as I could. The progress doesn't look like it is as much, but I pushed all the product from the top down and I used more than is actually visible. 
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded - If you follow my instagram (subtlebeauty27blog) than you will know that I switched out the Bare Minerals 5-in-1 for this. I felt like that was too dark and cool toned than I was enjoying for daily use, and I also couldn't track my progress and I thought that would make me give up on it a whole lot faster. So I am trying to finish this color tattoo that I have had in a previous project. I marked it with the black marker when I brought it in, and then I marked it with the red this time. I don't think I will have too much trouble using this up by Feb. 14!
4. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye - I swear I am using this under my eyes and all over my face, but I can not for the life of me get that air out of there! I am so afraid that all the product will just squeeze all over the place and get wasted. I don't want that to happen because I am actually enjoying using this now that I have found the perfect brush to use with it (Real Techniques setting brush!).
5,  Kay Nourishine Lip Gloss in au Naturel - I am getting some use out of this, but not nearly enough. I need to just buckle down and finish it already! 
6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener - I haven't used this as much as I did last update. I feel like because I am a bit fairer than I was when I bought this in the summer that it looks a bit ashy underneath my eyes. It is kind of weird because it highlights the rest of my face well. I will try to use this a bit more, but I found that I don't twist up product every time I use it because there is already enough on the sponge applicator for about 3 uses after twisting it once.


7. Trestique Mini-matte Lip Crayon in Nantucket Nude - Need to force myself to use this more. I am forgetting that I have it and based on the little progress I made that is pretty obvious. I don't like to wear it alone because it is too nude, but it works well to highlight the center of my lips or tone down colors that are a bit brighter. 
8. Noyah Desert Rose lip stick - I told you all that this broke, but I didn't end up deciding to change it. I won't give up that easily! I have made some awesome progress on it because I have been so determined to get rid of it haha. Funny thing is though, that I don't hate the way this looks on me anymore! I don't like the formula though so I won't miss it when it is gone! 
9. Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - I am really disappointed with the progress on this. I am using it all the time, I lay it on thick mind you, and I am using it as a lip balm which means I am constantly putting it on. My lips are stained a terrible pink, and more often than not I find sparkle remaining on them as well from this. I wish this would just move on already.
10. Benefit Watts Up - I have been trying to get through this as well and am not seeing much progress. I know that those 2 weeks where I wasn't wearing this hurt my progress. I won't be mad if I don't finish it since that is kind of a long shot, but I do want to finish at least half of it by the end of this project.
11. Pacifica Fringe eyeliner - I am using this everyday I am happy to see that my progress has gone further than last time. I think I am going to start using this in my brows to kind of further the progress a bit more.

And here are the products that I have finished! 

12. The Balm Flirty shadow sample -  This is super exciting because I have never hit pan on a shadow before, so lets just take a moment to give me a round of applause, this is a really cool feeling! I love this and I am going to continue to use it even though for the purposes of the project I am done with it. I decided that just hitting pan was enough to call it quits on even though I wanted to finish it, but since I am doing a whole thing with my shadows that I will talk about in a later post, I am going to put this aside for now. I love the Balm shadows and this is such a beautiful purple with gold sparkle in it. I do have the full Nude Dude palette. My favorite way to wear this is to use a gold/bronze base on the lid and use this all over the lid and blended out to the crease, it has such a gorgeous effect and the base really brings out the gold in the shadow. This is hands down one of my favorite shadows! 
13. Benefit Porefessional - This is a really great primer, but I don't know that I will purchase a full size of it. My pores aren't that big of an issue for me. I do have quite a few more samples of this to go through, so I will enjoy them while I have them. However this does not count as a completed item since it is part of a duo (Smashbox Photo Ready Primer), so once I finish the other half I can say that I finished another item. 
14. Rimmel Scandaeyes in Nude - So as you can tell, this pencil is pretty beaten up. The lead actually fell out of it and so I can't use it anymore. The product completely dried out on me and it is kind of my fault. I put the lid on the back of the pencil and it pulled off that piece and I couldn't get it to close properly. I did use more of it though, and it is a drugstore item -- I also already have a back-up -- so I am not too torn up about it being gone! 

Goals for the next update:
1. Finish the maybelline babylips. So close to finishing this and then I could use the revlon balm stain full time as a lipbalm and hopefully see more progress there. 
2. Finish the Noyah lipstick. I really want this gone. 
3. Focus more on the trestique lip crayon.

There it is, if you are still reading all the way down here, thank you for going through all of my rambling today. It is late, I am slowly losing my mind because of school, but makeup is something that I love and that I genuinely enjoy writing about and I also really love being a part of the project pan community. There is so much support and awesomeness that happens within the community and I really enjoy watching videos and seeing other peoples progress because it is really motivating to me personally. Like if they can do it so can I! I am happy that I was able to actually use up some products this year and I hope to continue next year as well! It is 12:40 now and I am tired, so goodnight and happy project panning everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on theBalm eye shadow! It's so awesome to see that shiny silver pan!
    ~Kristen Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was so exciting watching the pan grow over the couple of days after I initially just had a little speck of silver. I had never hit pan on a shadow before, so I never knew how satisfying it could be!

      Delete