Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Collection - Maybelline Color Tattoos

Hello lovelies, I decided that I wanted to give you all an insight into my collection because I feel like you are only seeing what is in my project pans, and quite frankly not everyone loves those posts, so I need to add a little more variety. Today I have my Maybelline 24 hr. Color Tattoos. I own 9 of them. I will say that no one really needs this many of these because they take forever to get through. In fact, once I get through all of these there are only 3 that I would repurchase, and that is more because I don't need the colors not because I don't like the formula. The formula happens to be one of my favorites honestly. They last an incredible amount of time on my eyes without creasing at all. The color selection is also a big win for me. I like these because they work great as bases underneath eyeshadow to really enhance the color, but they also look beautiful on their own. 

Top L-R: Audacious Asphalt, Bad to the Bronze, Icy Mint
Middle L-R: Tough as Taupe, Edgy Emerald, Inked in Pink
Bottom L-R: Barely Branded, Electric Blue, Deep Forest
I have a really solid color variety. I have purchased these over many years. The Bad to the Bronzze color is the first one I bought. Barely Branded you will see has the most use out of it, you may have recognized it from a couple of project pans that I have done (it is currently in one!). People have complained that these dry out, however all it takes to revive them is a bit of mixing with a toothpick. That is what I did with Bad to the Bronze and it works like new. When I revived Barely Branded I spritzed it with my ELF Mist and Set, but that isn't really necessary. It worked, but I felt that it made it too creamy after that. 

L-R: Deep Forest, Electric Blue, Barely Branded, Inked in Pink, Edgy Emerald, Tough as Taupe, Icy Mint, Bad to the Bronze, Audacious Asphalt
Deep Forest I bought and I was a bit disappointed in it because it wasn't as green as I thought it would be, but it was on sale so I don't mind the couple of dollars that I spent on it. Electric Blue I have used as eyeliner and it is absolutely beautiful that way. Really intense and a nice change from using a standard black eyeliner. Edgy Emerald, I wish I used this more. I bought it for a specific look, my sister-in-law has used it more than I have. I wanted to like Tough as Taupe more than I do, but the reality of it is that I do warmer looks so I don't use it too much. Also it was a lot darker than I had anticipated. Icy Mint I ordered on amazon because it was a limited edition color and I really needed it. However the formula of this one is different than the others I have tried, by that I mean I had to really build up the swatch to get it to show up. Audacious Asphalt is so stunning. I wish I did more smokey eyes because I don't really get to use this that often. Really stunning though. 

My top 3 picks and the ones that I would repurchase without a second thought are Barely Branded, Bad to the Bronze, and Inked in Pink. Barely Branded is perfect under all shadows to really make them pop. Bad to the Bronze is perfect to really bring out warmed toned shadows. It also looks really amazing on its own and just blended into the crease, so simple and easy when I don't have any time to do much. Inked in Pink makes for a really nice base as well. I think it gives a nice iridescent look to the shadows that you put on top of it. 

I recommend that you go out and try one of these. When you are in a rush they are pretty simple to just throw on and not have to worry about it. They also make amazing bases to help your shadow last all day. Which ones do you have? Are there some that you think I am missing and go check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment