Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Daily Post Jan. 5

And of course it had to happen, I missed 2 days already. Honestly, I thought I would have at least kept up through January before I started missing days. We can all just blame it on the fact that I started a new show (the 100) on netflix and am trying to finish the 2 seasons that are on there before the semester starts tomorrow. I decided that I am not going to make up the posts that I missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You encounter a mysterious man offering you a magic potion that, once sipped, will make one of your senses (sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch) super sharp -- but dull the others. Will you sip it, and if so, what sense do you choose?

This is a tough one. I don't know that I would want to dull out the other senses. I think that there would definitely be benefits to choosing each one of these though.

Sight, well considering I have terrible vision this would be nice. I wouldn't have to worry about glasses or contacts anymore. I imagine that I would be able to see at night, like have super night vision, that would be really cool. However, my eyes are sensitive to light as it is and if I made that stronger I don't know that that would be all too comfortable for me.

Hearing, don't we all want to be a fly on a wall sometimes?

Taste, if I wanted to become a chef or a food critique, I think that having heightened taste buds would be awesome. I would be known world-wide and everyone would want me to taste their food!

Smell, I don't know that this could always be a good thing haha. However, if I could use it to detect fires early on or find gas leaks and things like that -- well I would be a darn super hero and save a lot of people grief now wouldn't I?

Touch, this is the one that I really think I wouldn't choose at all. I imagine this being something that would make feel like your nerves are all open to the world. Like the protective layer that keeps us from over feeling things would be gone. It just sounds painful to me honestly.

After writing it all out like that, I guess my inner-foodie wins. I would super charge my taste, however the fact that I would have to dull out the others makes me iffy as to whether or not I would actually sip the potion.

No comments:

Post a Comment