Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Declutter: I Let My Sister Go Through My Makeup

Hello lovelies, I recently was retyping up my inventory list and like my last declutter, I was overwhelmed a bit by how much makeup I actually have. So I let my sister go through and pick out what she wanted, within reason of course. So I will just do a little overview of the products that no longer belong to me.


The Balm - Balm Jovi palette - While I love this palette, it is not something that I found myself reaching for often enough. The highlight and blush in here are the real reasons I was holding onto this because I wasn't so crazy about the shadows. The formula is the same one I love from the Balm, but the colors didn't speak to me. 

Profusion - Elevation Multi-tier Palette - This is a great multi layered palette, but I have so many shadows, blushes, and lipsticks that I just wasn't using this at all. With the right primer profusion shadows are actually pretty good.

Maybelline - Single Shadow in Nude Glow - This is a really gorgeous peachy champagne shadow, and I really enjoy these Maybelline shadows, but she wanted it and I have so many dupes for this shade in palettes. I reach for palettes more than I do singles.

Elizabeth Mott - Single Shadow in Champagne - This shadow in like butter how smooth it is. I kind of miss this, but like the Maybelline shadow, I have many dupes for it in other palettes.



Wet n Wild - 903C Just Peachy lip stick - She asked for a peachy lipstick and I have so many that I thought I would share. We have different undertones and this actually looks better on her than it does on me so I am not too sad about the loss.

Tarte - Blush in Enthused - This doesn't really show up as a blush, more a highlighter in my opinion. That is why it was in my highlighter drawer, however I never reached for it because I don't like to apply glitter on my face and this has glitter. 

Peek - Brow Powder - I had recently added Anastasia's Brow Powder duo to my collection, so I don't really need another brow powder. Happily passed this along.

Benefit - Blush in Dandelion - This is a beautiful blush, but I have others that I would reach for over this one and well she asked for it and I am occasionally a good sister. 

So these are the products that I passed along out of my collection and into my sisters. I miss some of them, but she lives down the hall from me and it won't be too big of a deal if I go over and ask her to use any of these. It was time to do a little bit of decluttering and I feel better about letting go of makeup if I know where it is going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment