Thursday, January 12, 2017

Current Reads January 2017

Hello lovely readers, I haven't updated everyone on what I am reaching for in a while, so here goes!

The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks - This is the second book in the Weeks's Lightbringer series. I am really enjoying this series so far. I am listening to it on audible and I have found that for Weeks's writing specifically, I enjoy listening to them. On an unrelated note to the actual writing I don't know how much I enjoy the guy reading this book compared to guy who read the first one. I feel like I don't authors should make sure there is some consistency with that because they are creating a voice for their characters. It is especially annoying when there is an accent change.

Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks - Can you tell I am a fan yet? This is the second book in the Night Angel Trilogy. I am still just starting this one so I don't have any opinions yet. It will probably take me forever and a day to read this one because I am actually reading it and because I made the mistake of reading some reviews. They weren't the greatest, but I am going to pull through and read this because I want to know what is going to happen with the characters.

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks - This is a reread because it has been a while since I have read anything by Sparks and once upon a time he was my favorite writer. I figure I need something a little lighter and more contemporary to read and this is what I reached for off of my shelf. I look forward to seeing how I react to the characters in this book because I have tried to reread books that I have once loved before and my college brain doesn't feel the same way that my high school brain does about books.

So these are the three books that I am actively reaching for right now. I have others that I am in the process of reading, but have set aside for now. I don't have much time for reading at the moment, but I listen to that first book every morning while I get ready to go to the school. I feel like I am a little behind on my reading goals already for the year, but I will just push through and read a little more once I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment