Thursday, August 11, 2016

Read 5 by Nov. 5th Book Challenge Update #1

Hello lovelies, it has been a month since I have started the Read 5 by November 5th book challenge. I finished one and made my way through some of the others.

I am only going to update on the books I have read and so that this won't be too long. If you would like to see the books I chose for this challenge you can see that here.

to all the boys I loved before by Jenny Han - I made it through this one fairly quickly. It is an easy read, kind of predictable, but still nice for an easy summer day. Han's writing was a bit frustrating for me since it was full of fragments and incredibly short chapters. It isn't something that I thought I could get used to, but it made having only a couple of minutes to read easier since I like to stop at chapters or page breaks. Reading this peaked my interest into more of her work though so I guess it did its job. I know that there are a couple of books that follow this story and once this challenge is over I will probably seek them out.

Morning Light by Catherine Anderson - I am so close to finishing this book. I probably have 2 more days worth of reading (yes, I am a really slow reader.). This was a reread, and quite frankly I am questioning everything I read when I went through my romance novel phase. It wasn't completely bad, just some parts that I think could have been written out a little better.

A Short History of Women by Kate Walbert - This isn't the worst book that I have ever read, but I can't exactly see myself rereading it. I might just to see if I can make more sense of it. But I think that this book needs to be read on its own and within a short period of time so that it doesn't confuse you. Those are 2 things I am not very good at though.

Ciao Bella by Gina Buonaguro and Janice Kirk - I only read a couple of chapters from this one so I don't know what to make of it yet, however I am excited to get more into it. I love the use of descriptive scenery since it is the closest I will get to Italy at the moment.

So, 1 down and 4 out of the 5 left to go. I have decided that I need to focus more on one book at a time, or at least try to. Having random stacks of books all over my desk is getting frustrating for me. As for the next update I know that I can have the Catherine Anderson book done, and possibly the Kate Walbert one as well.

How is this reading challenge going for all of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment