Sunday, July 3, 2016

Read 5 by November 5th! Book Challenge

Hello lovelies, so I realize that the content of my blog has been lacking in all things bookish as of late, but I am changing that today! I have been seeing a challenge floating around in youtube to read 5 books by November 5th which is Bonfire Night. This is a cross between my love of books and my love of project panning, so of course I decided to join on in. I have chosen 6 books instead of 5 because I am not sure that I can really commit to some of these, but I really want to finish them. I have too many unfinished books on my shelf that I need to finish so I can enjoy all the other books that I have recently purchased and want to read. I have already started 4 of the 6 books, but I haven't gotten real far in any of them except one of them.


1. Morning Light by Catherine Anderson - This is going to be a reread for me. I went through a phase where all I would read was romance novels, but it has been a while and I am actually excited to get into this one again. A girl with visions, a rancher, and a lost boy make up the story and I am excited to rediscover this book.

2. A Short History of Women by Kate Walbert - This book follows 5 generations of women, starting with a suffragette in 1914 and ends post 9/11. I started this book a little while ago, and it seems like a really short read, however I haven't been able to really get into it just yet. 

3. Ciao Bella by Gina Buonaguro and Janice Kirk - I bought this book off of bookoutlet a little while ago because it seemed like a combination of some of my favorite things - historical fiction, Italy, and a love story. I haven'tread much of it, just the prologue, but I am curious to see where the story goes with this book.

4. to all the boys I've loved before by Jenny Han - A contemporary novel that came highly recommended by my sister who is obsessed with all things book (@areaderguide on instagram!). I am always up for easy reads and this seems like one. I have heard amazing things about Jenny Han's writing so I look forward to reading this, even though I have found that reading anything from the perspective of a teenager is not really what I am into anymore. I'll have to see how this goes though.

5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - I started this and haven't gotten past chapter 2 because life keeps getting in the way. It is too heavy of a book for me to carry around, so I am limited on when I can reach for this. I do want to get through this one though because I really loved this movie and I want to finish the Harry Potter series if it is the last thing I do! 

6. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson - I started this book years ago and I am just shy of being half way through the book. I really enjoyed the first 2, but they are pretty slow paced to start and don't get to the point where I can't put them down until closer to the end of the story. I want to finish this and what better a time to pick it up again than when I am challenging myself to read it.

So, there are teh 6 novels that I hope to have at least 5 of read by November 5th. When I mentioned this to my sister she laughed in my face and said "It's going to take you that long to read 5 books?!" To that I say yes, it will because I am the worlds slowest reader, which I am okay with. However I also like to read multiple books at a time and I tend to not finish books because of it. I look forward to getting all these unfinished books read!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment