Thursday, July 28, 2016

Mini Declutter

Hello lovelies, so I recently took an update on my makeup inventory and...well...a majority of my numbers went up instead of down despite the fact that I have been working through quite a few of the products in my collection. So I decided that it was time to be honest with myself on products that I am just not going to use and to just get rid of them, for the sake of my numbers, my space, and a bit of my sanity. I didn't get rid of too much, but I am happy with what I did decide to declutter.


ELF Cream eyeliner in Black and in Olive - I have had both of these for way too long and while they haven't dried out just yet, I know that I am not going to be reaching for them anytime soon. I am not a fan of cream eyeliner in general so that is the main reason I am getting rid of the black one, but the green one I am getting rid of because it is nowhere near as good as the black one. It was really patchy and crumbly. If you are into cream liner than the black one would be a pretty good one to get, especially for practice purposes since it is so inexpensive, but I would steer clear of the green one. 

Wet n Wild trio in Sweet as Candy - I hit pan on the browbone shade in this trio, however I never reach for it. I have used it a lot in the past and it is always what I reach for when I want a pink, but I hardly do those looks and I have pinks in other palettes that I could reach for. I think this was the first eye shadow that I bought, but that is no reason to hold onto it. I like the formula well enough that I would consider purchasing other eyeshadows like this from the brand.

Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Airy Fairy - I remember searching high and low for this lipstick. I had heard such amazing things about the color and the formula. The formula is not bad, however the color is terrible on me. I sought it out because it is supposed to be the perfect nude for fair skinned girls, but everytime I wore this I would take it off or feel the need to mix it. It also has a slight shimmeryness to it that I am not a fan of.

Loreal Silkisimee eye liner in Gold - I hate to have to face the fact that something about Loreal liners really irritate my eyes. I have gotten rid of a purple one in the past, but held on to this gold because it is so pretty. I haven't been able to find a replacement for it yet and thats why I held on to it for so long, but no sense in holding on to something that will make my eyes water and ruin my makeup anyway.

CVS eyeliner in brown - I have so many brown eyeliners that I like and since I haven't used this I know that my sister will take it. 

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout - there is no reason that I should have even bought this in the first place let alone to have held on to it for this long. I don't wear red lips at all and so I own more than I need to and I don't mind getting rid of this one because I think I only paid a couple of bucks for it. I was tihnking of trying to use it for corrective purposes, but I don't really care for the extra step.

Urban Decay Lipstick samples in Bang and Venom - I will never wear these since they are so full color and I count these individually in my inventory, and like I said I really just needed to make those numbers stop growing. 

Pop Beauty lipgloss in Peony Petal - I know I am not going to wear this because it is too full color for me and I am not a fan of such bright colors. Also the smell is kind of off since I have had it for so long. 

Not much, but a small dent in the numbers is better than no dent at all. I will have to become really realistic with myself soon enough that I only have one face and I can't wear all of this makeup before it goes bad. I will definitely need to do this again soon, maybe more extensively where my shadows, palettes, and brushes are concerned. I may consider letting my sisters go through and picking out what they would like. Have any of you decluttered things that just don't work for you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment