Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Project Ipsy Months 6 & 7 Update!

Hello lovelies, I am finally updating my project ipsy. Last month was a month of very little makeup and so I just forgot to update this project. I had marked everything and was ready to go with it all in a bin on my desk, but it just slipped my mind to actually take the photos. So I will get right into the update on the products that have been in the project and then the products I added each month.


Sexy Hair - Spray Clay - I am not sure if this progress is new or if it was from a couple of months ago, but it is some progress. It will probably take me the rest of the year to finish this since I am don't really style my hair often.

Pure Brazillion - Leave in Conditioner - I have steady progress with this product. I wish I remembered to use it more often because it smells really good, but I am not a fan of having product in my hair that often.

Mary Kay - Jelly lip gloss - Still steady progress on this. I feel like I am not going to be able to finish this by the end of the year unless I really kick it into high gear.

Pixi - Flawless Beauty Primer - I'll probably start reaching for this more now since it is summer. I think I started with that red line and that is where I still am.

Absolute - Lip balm - I have made some progress on this. I hoped that I would have been able to hit side pan, but I lost it for a while. I guess I'll just have that goal for next update! 


em - waterliner - I made progress on this without even trying in the past 5 months. 

Chella - Ivorylace - Still steady progress.

J Cat - Big Lip Pencil - Still steady progress here too.

Bare Minerals - Get Ready - No progress. Hopefully some next month.

NYX - Butter Lip Balm - tiny bit of progress this month. I have been trying so hard to use this.

Starlooks - Amethyst - No progress here.

Products added in month 6:

Vasanti - Brighten Up - I had put this in the bin to be photographed so there is no progress on this. But I have used it recently, and I like it so it probably won't last more than another month or two.

Avene - Thermal Spring Water - I don't really care for this so I used it to wet my real techniques sponge when I am too lazy to go to a sink. I can't use this over makeup because it is too intense of a mist, my face gets really wet from it.

Skinn - Lip Exfoliator - This is a newer ipsy item compared to the items I have had in this project, however I wanted to make sure I used it before it went bad since it is made with more natural stuff and because I have to put my finger in it I don't want to have it laying around for years.

Products added this month:

Ofra - Bliss - The goal is to just hit pan on this. I have had it for a while and it is so pretty, but I haven't used it nearly enough. The pan is larger than a regular single shadow and I really like that. It is a really nice champagne color.

St. Tropez - Gradual Face Tan - Since summer is kicking into full swing, I think this would be nice to try out. I like that it is gradual since I am pretty fair and I wouldn't want something too drastic, just some slight color.

Hang Ten - Tanning Oil - I am curious to try this again since I used it last year and while I got some color, I also got a slight rash from this. I am going to try it with a lot of SPF and see what happens. This may end up as a decluttered item though.

So to date I have only finished 23 products. I really wanted  to be much farther along now that the year is halfway over. Hopefully from this batch I should have at least the face tan and the face exfoliator done. I want to start adding items that are going to actually be done after a month but there aren't many. I am going to have to kick it into high gear on the products that are not in this project but are just sitting in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment