Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pokemon Indigo League Readathon (My First Readathon!)

Hello lovelies, I recently watched a video from Emily Fox in which she chose the books to go along with this readthon that is from August 14 to September 4. I have never done a readathon before because they are typically a lot of books in a very short amount of time, but I took a chance with this one because I loved watching Pokemon growing up and why the heck not join in right? I am hoping that I will get through these books that I have chosen. This is the last 2 weeks before teh new semester and I am not sure how much spare reading time I will have so I want to read a lot before then. So I will just get right into it!

Pewter Gym - First Book in a Series - The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan. I am aware that I should have read this already at some point in my life, but better late than never right?

Cerulean Gym - Book that Might Make you Cry - We Were Liars by e. lockhart. My sister told me that she was on the verge of crying when she read this, so I just went with it. Also I really wanted to read this for a while.

Vermilion Gym - Book with Thunderous Hype - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by j.k. Rowling. Is anything more hyped than the Harry Potter series?

Celadon Gym - Book that Focuses on Diversity - Flawed by Cecilia Ahern. Not sure if this fits perfectly but my sister says it does and I am going to go with it.

Fushia Gym - Book with Great Romance - Ciao Bella by Gina Buonaguro and Janice Kirk. This is in my 5 by Nov. 5th so I wanted to add something from there to not totally abandon that book challenge, but also because the main character must deal with the love for her missing husband as well as finding new love in an American soldier.

Saffron Gym - Book with Fantasy/Supernatural Elements - The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks - Don't know much about this trilogy, but excited to get into it.

Cinnibar Gym - Book with a Red Cover - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. The cover has a lot of red on it, so that counts.

Viridian Gym - Post-Apocalyptic Setting - The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson. As I come close to finishing the Mistborn Trilogy I don't think I can move away from Sanderson's writing just yet. He has definitely become one of my favorite writers as of late.

So there are my choices and I don't think I will get through all of these books because there are a lot of them and I am a slow reader that has a full time job, but I am going to try!

Are you joining in on this readathon? What books would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment