Sunday, August 14, 2016

Travel Makeup Bag: MI to FL

Hello lovelies, so I had started off the month of August determined to post every day this month. However that was interrupted by an impromptu trip  down to Florida for an undecided time. Me and my dad drove down there and it was an absolutely stunning drive (will probably do a post of all the photos I took!) and I was without internet for the drive. There was also the fact that I was enjoying my time with my sisters and all of my nieces and nephews that I completely forgot the world of the internet. 

Anyway, the packing process was very rushed as I found out I was leaving the afternoon before I left and right before I had to leave for work. I didn't want to take too much, but since I was driving and not going on a plane I wasn't as limited on space. This is what I decided to bring with me.


This is an excessive amount of lip products I am aware, especially considering they all look pretty similar, but they aren't. There are different finishes and the colors are for the most part actually different. There is also the fact that I like to layer my lip products a lot.

Colour Pop Rayezor - the only lip liner I chose to take with me. Regretted it as it was a lot darker and more purple tinted than I remembered.
Colour Pop Pinch and Brink - I love layering these 2 together.
Essence Barely There - Easily one of my favorite lipsticks and I don't go anywhere without it.
Revlon Blushing Mauve and Rose Velvet 
Wet n Wild 902 C
Rimmel Kate 08 - again easily another favorite.
Maybelline Daringly Nude
Tarte Cannes - the only lip gloss I took.


Tarte Holiday 14 quad - I chose this because it is very basic and easy to work with and I used this as my blush.
The Balm Flirty Single - for when I wanted something less basic
Pacifica Fringe eyeliner
Chella Ivory Lace highlighting crayon
Rimmel Nude eyeliner
Starlooks Amethyst
Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Branded
Covergirl Clump Crusher - love this for my lower lashes
Ulta Brow Tint - my favorite tinted brow gel
It Cosmetics Brow Power
Too Faced Better Than Sex - just trying to finish it up.


Benefit Watts Up Highlighter - you can't be in the sunshine state without a good glow!
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind brightener and Dream Lumi Touch - I was close to finishing the dream lumi adn didn't want to be without a brightening concealer but also didn't want to open up any new concealers just to travel with and risk not knowing if they would work well.
Too Faced Soul Mates bronzer and blush in Ross and Rachel - mainly chose this because my sister loves Friends, but also because it gives the skin a good glow and I could have another blush option as well.
Rimmel Stay Matte powder 
Temptu bronzer in Warm Glow - this is probably my most favorite of favorite things right now. Gives such a gorgeous glow to the skin while still looking natural! 
Covergirl Ready, Set Gorgeous foundation - This gives medium to full coverage and I knew that it would hold up well in the Florida heat.
Wet n Wild photofocus Setting Spray 
ELF face primer with SPF 20
ELF baked blush in Pink Tastic - because like I said, you need a good glow in the sunshine state. 

So that is what I came up with. I think I could have done better, but I also could have done a lot worse. I haven't traveled in a really long time so trying to pack for a trip was a bit tricky, especially considering the last time I went to Florida I wasn't all that into makeup. 

Let me know what you think of what I packed? Would you have done something differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment