Friday, February 12, 2016

Project Ipsy Month 2 Update

Hello lovelies, today I have for you my Project Ipsy update. In case you didn't see my original post, I am doing this so I can make sure I am getting use out of the things that I am getting monthly...especially the things from 2013. Over this past month I finished 5 products (I forgot to take a picture of one of them because I repurposed the container). 


Absolute Makeup Wipes - These were really heavily fragranced and I don't really like using makeup wipes so I am happy I was able to just get through them.

Noya Cherry Lip Balm - This was moisturizing, not something I would look into purchasing though. 

Hey Honey Take it Off peel off mask - I enjoyed this. I don't know that it actually did anything for my skin, but I really enjoyed the peel off part. 

Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk - If it wasn't for this stuff I probably wouldn't have gone through the makeup wipes. This did absolutely nothing. It kind of just smudged everything all over the place and left a film over my face. Makes me weary of trying anything else from the brand.

Balanced Guru Balm me Up body balm (not pictured) - this was nice I guess. It had a weird texture, it exfoliated and loitioned up my skin at the same time. I don't know that I would seek out purchasing it strictly for the fact that I was not a fan of the scent at all.

Now onto the products I will be working on this month...


NYX blush in Dessert Rose - I will use this again this month but after that I will probably put it away since it isn't really a springy shade. This is so pigmented that I don't see ever getting through it unless it is the only thing that I use, and well I like to switch up my blush quite a bit. 

Sexy Hair Spray Clay - I have had this around for so long since I really didn't need it. However over the past couple of years my hair has changed a lot and I actually need a bit more texturizing when I curl my hair. I am about a third of the way through this can. 

Mary Kay at Play Jelly lipsgloss in Teddy Bare - I have literally used this once. I don't know if I will like it or not, but since it is essentially clear it shouldn't be a problem for me to use. Sometimes I like a highlighted glossy lip look and this would be nice to do that with.

em michelle waterliner in Turquoise - I have made a bit of progress on this, but I am not the biggest fan of the quality of the pencil. It is called the waterliner but doesn't show up much on my waterline. It also kind of emphasizes my undereye bags and that is just not a cute look. I will get through this though, even if I have to put it away after this month and bring it back out to work on later.

Chella Ivory Lace Highlight Crayon - I think if I actually use this everyday I would have seen more progress with it. I use it pretty much as my inner corner highlight base, sometimes as my browbone highlight. The order I do my makeup in makes that not as realistic as just the inner corner though. I also don't need to sharpen this too much, so it might take me a while to finish it up, but I like it so I don't mind.

Pacifica eyeshadow duo in I don't know what because I am not around any of my things right now - I gave the Pop Beauty Trio to my sister because she anted it. I was really close to hitting pan on the highlight shade in it though. I am hoping to hit pan on the lighter shade in this one. It is a pretty white with gold shimmer in it. I really like this as an innercorner highlight over the Chella crayon and it lasts really well there.

J Cat Lip Crayon in Caramel Mocha - This is a nice peachy color and I think I will get a bit more of use out of it once the Spring comes. I also took this out of my purse because I didn't think I was getting as much use out of it that way. It is an easy quick option for something other then my usually mauve shades.

Bare Minerals - Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready - I am in no rush to get through this, but it would be nice to finally get it out of my collection. I'm not the biggest fan of the color, but the formula isn't terrible. 

dr. brandt Microdermabresion Skin Exfoliant - This is a smaller sample and I don't think it would take too long for me to get through it. 

Lee Anni Eco 3 in 1 - I actually threw this out. I tried to use it after I took these photos a week ago, and the smell was not the best. I thought maybe that is just the product since it is a more natural one and I hadn't had it for that long, so I tried it on my face. It didn't sink in and I really couldn't handle the smell so I wiped it off and washed my face. 


So I am going to only work on 9 products this month. I have a lot of ipsy products in other projects as well as me just using them on my own, and now there is a running total of 13 out of 91. I am on the right track with this and I am happy that I can work through these products. Also that moisturizer taught me that I really need to get through these products a little earlier so they don't go bad on me. 

2 comments:

  1. Project ipsy is a genius name for a project! I wound up Decluttering almost 75% of things I got from them and then finally canceled. Stay away from the juice beauty line... You're not going to like any of their other stuff. That cleanser was horrid. I've tried a handful of their other products and they were all irritating and stunk. Way to go on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea from Christine Chantal on youtube. After what I got this month I am definitely considering canceling for a while, but I was surprised when I was making a list of all the things for this project how much I have already either gone through or decluttered. Yeah I will definitely be staying away from anything from Juice Beauty!

      Thanks for coming over, love your videos on youtube :)

      Delete