Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Current Reads February 2016

Hello people of the internet. It has been a long time coming, but I have a new Current Reads post for you all. It has definitely been a while since I have done one of these and that is because I attempted to read only one book at a time as opposed to my usual fashion of reading at least 3 books at once.

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - I had no idea what to expect when I picked this book up. I don't read jackets of books that have been recommended to me and I also didn't even look at the cover. That being said, I am about a quarter of the way through and I love this book. I love the main character, I love being in his head, I love that he is a he because I am always reading books from a female perspective. I really want to get to reading the rest of this and as soon as I go on Spring break next week that is probably what I will do. I may even post a "review" once I do get done with it.

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - On a much different and younger note, I am reading this for a Reading course that I am currently taking. My professor says that our time for reading anything other than children's literature is over. Of course she wasn't serious, but I do need to get through a few more books like this one if I plan on actually becoming a 5th grade teacher. I had seen the movie adaptation for this book years ago when it had come out, but I am happy that I am actually getting the chance to read it now. This book is on a lot of "banned books" lists for different districts due to it dealing with the death of a child, but this book is definitely more than that.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen - One of my favorite books from her. I have read this a number of times, but I do enjoy an "easy-read" every once in a while and that is what her writing is for me. It allows me to get into the characters and read just for the pleasure of reading and I find that rare. This particular book does deal with some heavier topics, and I think that is why out of all the books I have read by Dessen this is the one I always come back to.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - I am still working on reading all of the Harry Potter books and now that they have announced an eighth book I am even more motivated to get through them!

No comments:

Post a Comment