Thursday, February 18, 2016

Book Tag ~ Reading Habits Tag

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?

~ I usually read in bed. Sometimes I need a change of scenery so I read on a couch in my living room, but usually it is just while I'm in bed.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

~ If I have a bookmark available I will use it, but because I start and pause so many books, well there aren't enough bookmarks. I typically go for a sticky note over a random piece of paper though...you can never be too sure if it will fall out or not!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?

~ I like to wait until I at least reach a break in the page if I can help it, but I always aim to at least finish the chapter before putting it down.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?

~ I drink a lot while I am reading because for some reason I get so thirsty, but I only eat when I am really hungry and need some snacks. Or if I am reading something that is really working my anxiety, then I have to snack to keep from having a full blown panic attack.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?

Music. I don't get how people can read and watch TV at the same time. Maybe my attention span just isn't long enough.

6. One book at a time or several at once?

~ If you have followed any of my Current Reads posts then you know that this is several at once. I have been trying to get into the habit of just sticking to one book, but that didn't last long because sometimes I feel like reading YA, other Science Fiction, Fantasy, or whatever strikes a chord that day. I don't mind being enveloped into may stories at once!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

~ Usually at home, but I can read everywhere. I do listen to audible when I am on the go sometimes because it is easier than reading an actual book, but I would always choose having a physical copy in my hands.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

~ I always read silently in my head, probably because I don't want people to hear that I do have to go back and reread a passage or 2 because my mind drifts elsewhere while I read sometimes. If is something that I have written I read aloud so that I can hear that it makes sense though! 

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?

~ I read ahead sometimes, but that is when something major is about to happen and I am too impatient to wait to see what happens. I always go back and read everything that I have skipped and I never go beyond the page that I am reading to see what is ahead. 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

~ If it is my personal book I don't have an issue with breaking the spine because I feel like it is much easier to hold and read that way. I even fold the cover to the back as I read sometimes. If it doesn't belong to me I keep it the way I found it, and since I borrow most of my books from my sister and she is obsessive compulsive when it comes to her books I always try to be extra careful to return the book in the same condition it was given to me in.

11. Do you write in your books?

~ Not typically. I have a notebook that I keep that I use to write my favorite quotes from books in. I do highlight in my textbooks though. 

12. Who do you tag?

~ All the book lovers that are out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment