Monday, February 15, 2016

Love to Project Pan!!! Finish 14 by Feb. 14 Finale

Hello lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day! It has been a long time coming, but we have officially made it to February 14 and this project is done and over with! I have never done such a long termed or large project. I want to give a shoutout to Kristen (KristenKay) and Bethany (GlamourWithGrace) for coming up with this project. It was definitely a challenge and I like to take on challenges so I am happy that I took part in this alongside so many others.

Products I have finished previously: 
Update 1: None
Update 2: Benefit Porefessional primer, hit pan on The Balm Nude Dude single in Flirty, Rimmel Scandaleye in Nude.
Update 3: Noyah Desert Rose lipstick, Maybelline Babylips in Grapvine.

Products I have finished this time round

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation - man oh man am I happy to be done with this! I have such a love/hate relationship with this product. There are days where I feel like I have it figured out and it looks amazing and then there are days (most days) where it just sat on top of my skin and wore off terribly. I felt like because it never actually meshed into my skin it was so easy to wipe away if I accidentally touched my skin, which is something I do a lot. I am happy to be through with one foundation and am ready to move back into using bb cream. I honestly prefer it for daily use since it is much less work.

Mary Kay lipgloss in au Naturel - I didn't actually get through all of this. I was using it after the last update and then it just kind of went bad. It smells funny and I didn't want to risk still using it on my lips. I am happy I used as much of it as I did though because otherwise it would have gone bad with so much product left in it. I would consider repurchasing this once I get through all of my lipglosses because it has pretty good lasting power for a lip gloss and looks good on its own as well as on top of a lot of other colors. I loved pairing this with Mac Whirl to tone down the brownness of the lipstick.

Revlon Balm Stain in Honey - It was the product that I never thought would end! I didn't like the way this stained my lips to be a really bright pink. My complexion  just doesn't mesh with pink tones and so I am working on getting them out. The product was nice but I have others that I would purchase over this.

And now onto all the products I didn't finish....


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded - I used this so much this month and although I can see a difference when I open it, it wasn't enough to make a new mark. I began using this not only as my base lid shade but as my face highlight as well. It was pretty that way, but a little more natural compared to the Benefit Watts Up that I had been using for a while. 

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener - This didn't get finished, but I did use more than half of what I started with. I wanted to finish so I can get into the new one of this that I bought in a more natural for my skintone shade, but I am so proud of the progress I did make. 

Benefit Watts Up highlighter - I didn't use this more than once this month because I figured there was no way to finish it up or even reach half way and I wanted to put more of a dent in the Color Tattoo, so there is no progress. This is a gorgeous highlighter though so I have no problem with the fact that I didn't just burn through it for the sake of the project. 

Pacifica eyeliner in Fringe - Very little progress was made on this because I am so over using it. I am not a fan of it on my tightline because it transfers to my waterline and if I intentionally put it on my waterline it smudges underneath. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone and I hope I can use this up in some way to get rid of it. I am considering trying it out in my brows to see if that would be a way to get through it.

Trestique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Nantucket Nude - I really worked hard on this, but this is like the product that refuses to end. I swear it rejuvenates over night.

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye - I stopped using this I think over a month ago. I wasn't seeing any actual progress and so I chose instead to focus on the age rewind concealer instead. I will probably get back into this concealer again later on in the year, but I am just not a fan of how heavy it feels under my eyes.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - Really wish I could have gotten through this. I wouldn't purchase a full size of this, but I do have plenty of sample sizes to use up.


Well there you have it. I finished 7 1/2 products total and I am really happy with that. Especially considering that I actually finished the products up completely and it isn't just something where I hit pan and thats it. I would definitely consider doing this project again, maybe with less challenging products next time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment