Saturday, April 2, 2016

March Mini Madness Finale

Hello lovelies, I have the finale for my March Mini Madness that I participated in this year. I did an update about half way through the month over on my instagram, so if you aren't following me there my username is beautyandbookmarks. I usually post little updates, close ups, or random odds and ends over there so it is worth a follow. 

So I am terrible at challenges, and I didn't finish all of the products. I did get through the majority of them. I finished 22 out of 32 products. It is a serious process to get through samples. I think I was really worried about trying new products because I have really long days and I get really scared to try new things because I don't really like to touch up my makeup. I like putting it on in the morning and looking the same when I get home at night. As for not getting through the skin care samples, well I am also scared about trying those out because I have super sensitive skin that has been freaking out like crazy recently. Anyway, enough of this rant, I'll just get into the products that I have finished in the last 2 weeks. Again updates on the 6 or 7 products I had previously finished in the first half of the month is up on my instagram (beautyandbookmarks).


In no particular order (because the photo is a mess!) the products that I have used up...

1. Sisley - Black Rose Cream Mask - I don't know that this did anything for my skin. I used it as if it were the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. I let it sit for 10 min and wiped away the excess, but there was so much left on my skin that I don't think I would have liked using this during the day time. 

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo - You guys....I never thought I would fall in love with an eyebrow product, especially an expensive one, ever in my life. I mean, I got about a weeks worth of use out of this little card sample, and for a week my eye brows looked so amazing that I didn't think that they belonged on my face. I have already put it in my mind that I will be getting this at the Sephora VIB sale coming up and I am just so excited about it. 

3. Prada Candy - I have had a full size of this in the past and I forgot how much I love this perfume. I am considering getting another one once I move some other perfumes out of my collection.

4. Urban Decay Sheer Liar - I actually bought this when Ulta had the UD sheer lipsticks 50% off during their 21 day of beauty event. Such a beautiful peachy color that isn't too pink or too peach. It is my perfect soft nude and I was more than happy that they had them for so cheap that I kind of wish I had bought 2 that day. 

5/6. Dove Oxygen Moisture shampoo and conditioner - I was not a fan of this stuff. Every time I use Dove shampoos and conditioners I feel like it weighs my hair down way too much and like it never fully rinses out. 

7. Benefit Porefessional - My skin got complimented every day that I wore this. Considering purchasing a full size.

8/9. Laniege BB Cushion in Light and Medium - The light matched me a little more than the medium one. I didn't fall in love with this the way I had expected to with  the way that people rave about it.

10. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - this was nice. I have another sample and a deluxe bottle of it. I need to try it more to see if I would consider purcahsing a full size in the future.

11. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Makeup Stick - I liked the sample of this. I do want to try it more to see if it is something that I would consider purchasing.

12/13. Skin and Pharmacy - Advanced Anti-aging Therapy - I actually like this. It made my skin burn a little in spots that I have super sensitive skin, but I didn't hate the way my skin felt after I rinsed the excess product off. It was like a sheet mask but without the sliminess that I hate and with some exfoliation that I love. I want to look into buying this and I know it is sold at CVS. 

14. Hourglass Veil Primer - Didn't do much for me. I think that my makeup broke down sooner with this on actually.

15. Almay Smart Shade - I love this product. It is such an easy product for me that I didn't feel like it made my skin too greasy or heavy. I gave me some coverage but you can still see my skin through it and I have been really enjoying a super natural, bare minimum look lately. Once I move a couple of other bb creams out of my collection I am definitely going to purchase this.

16. Hourglass Immaculate foundation in Nude - this was such a terrible product. It is a liquid to powder formula and it didn't blend on my skin at all. Also there is the fact that this was really orange on me. Normally I kind of push through and try to fix things, but I had to just clean this off my skin completely.Now I have 3 less samples of this cluttering my collection.

So, I am really happy that I did this. I know I didn't finish everything that I had wanted to, but I was able to get through a lot. I found products that I really love and want to purchase and I found products that I hated. That is why I like getting samples, because you get to really try a product and know before you go and spend your money on it. 
Did you lovelies attempt this challenge? How did you do?

2 comments:

  1. 22 samples is awesome! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, feels awesome to have gotten through that many!

      Delete