Thursday, April 28, 2016

7 by Summer Solstice Update #2

Hello lovelies, I have yet another update to catch up on and this is for my Finish 7 by Summer Solstice. I hadn't reached any of my goals as of the last update since it had only been 2 weeks, but I managed to do so for this update in the past month. 


Maybelline Made for Mocha - hit pan - This is what I have been using in my eyebrows along with another color. I forgot how much I enjoyed powder instead of pencil in my brows. I don't know why it looks like there is glitter in the shadow, but it doesn't show up in my brows so I don't really mind. I also use this as a liner whenever I have the time.


NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzer - Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the size of the pan on this thing. I did not imagine that it would get like that so quick. I really want to try and hit the side of the pan all the way up. If I can do that in this project than I would be more than happy to call it quits. I am trying to use this up this year so this project has really been helping with that.

Tarte lipgloss in Paris - I really need to start using this more. It is a pretty bright color for me and I am not used to that so I have to play mixologist whenever I wear it. I love the mint chocolate smell though so I don't mind wearing it.

Urban Decay shadow in Sin - hit pan - This shadow has been seriously neglected lately. I know I can probably hit pan within the next couple of weeks if I make an effort to wear it, but I haven't been wearing much eye shadow at all. I also have been playing with all my new palettes and this Ammo palette has been getting neglected because of it. 


Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin up Peach - I haven't been reaching for this at all and so there isn't any progress.

Essence Lip Liner in Satin Mauve - Made a little bit of progress on this. Will probably see more progress once I get through the one I am working on for 5 by Cinco de Mayo.

Coastal Scents xpress line - I have to use this on my upper lashline because it doesn't show up in my waterline at all. Haven't had time to sit and fuss with it in the morning so there isn't any progress.

There it is, 1 out of 7 products completed. I decided that since this is a roulette style project I am going to pick a replacement product each time I finish one since I have a bit more time and I really want to work through more of my collection. I am going to have my sister choose the next category...

Product from The Balm: 
I chose to work on the blush from the Balm Jovi palette in the shade Don't You Want Me? My goal is going to be to try to hit pan. I don't know how likely that actually is considering I have used this only a couple of times. I went with a blush because all the shadows in the palettes from the Balm that I have have a couple of dips in them, but I am already working on other shadows and really I just want to play with all of my new palettes and trying to pan shadows is getting in the way of that. This blush is pretty small so I am not too worried, but I am excited to get some use out of it regardless! 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent pan on that NYC bronzer!
    ~Kristen Kay

    ReplyDelete