Friday, April 15, 2016

Project Ipsy Month 4

Hello lovelies, I just wanted to do a quick update on my project ipsy. These pictures have been sitting in my draft box for about a week now and I finally have a second to take a breath, so I decided to just go for it. So as a quick update, I got through 2 more products which is good, I was really hoping for more progress on everything else, but I guess it has really been a slow makeup month for me, the products I finished weren't even makeup...

Briogeo - Don't Despair, Repair Deep conditioning mask - this smelled nice, but I don't think I will go out of my way to purchase a full size. My favorite hair mask is the Loreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, and I don't know that anything can actually beat it at this point.

dr. brandt - microdermabrasion - I don't really care for products from this brand. I felt like the exfoliators in here were really sharp, like it made my skin smooth afterwards, but it really hurt when I was using it. It was like rubbing little shards of glass on my face, and while it made my skin feel nice and smooth, it didn't always get rid of the dry patches that I have randomly on my face. Oh, and I don't like the smell either. So, definitely won't be purchasing a full size of that.

Chella - Ivory Lace highlighting crayon - Haven't been using this as excessively as I was the month before so there is less progress. Not too worried just yet because it is a pencil and it isn't going to be sharpening all the way down anyway. 

Jcat Big lip pencil, Bare Minerals get ready lipstick, Nyx Butter Lip balm - Have used these probably once each so there isn't much progress to show here at all. Need to start moving through them a little more.

Starlooks - Amethyst eye liner - This is such a beautiful eye liner, however every time I wear it it is just a big glitter bomb on my eyes. I always have glitter on my face for 3 days when I use this pencil. But it is such a pretty color and look that I am usually okay with it. I don't think I will try to get through the whole liner simply because I don't have anything else like this and I think Starlooks liners like this are amazing with lasting power.

Now for the new products I am adding to this month

Hikari Blush in - This is a really bright, barbie colored looking blush. Sheered out it isn't too much, and I think it will be nice to use this spring. I also like that it isn't shimmery which makes it easier to wear as well. I don't plan on trying to hit pan or anything, but I do want to get some use out of it.

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer - I have used this a couple of times since I pulled it out at the beginning of the month....this is a lot more shimmery than I remember it being. I have to be pretty selective about where I put it. I like a glowly look, but this leaves little pieces of not actual glitter, but something that resembles is a lot, so I am not sure about how this is going to go. 

Well, there you have it. At this point I have finished a total of 20 of the 91 goal that I have for the end of the year. I am really going to need to step it up and start working through the products that aren't even in my project more. I am sure that I can do it, but I am a little worried about how slow my progress is. I need to be finishing between 7 and 8 products a month, which is simple enough with the foil packets and things like that, but the bigger makeup products are going to take me a while. 


*** These photos were taken at the beginning of the month, I have just been way too busy to actually post anything.***

No comments:

Post a Comment