Sunday, April 3, 2016

Pan That Palette Q1 Update

Hello lovelies, I have for you all my update on my, I guess I'm going to stick with Pan that Palette challenge. In case you don't remember, I made the choice to hit pan on as many shadows as I can this year with a goal of at least 24, which comes out to 2 a month. At first I was a bit nervous about this, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to just use 1 palette for the whole year because I love to rotate my palettes so often. I feel like it still is a bit of a challenge for me since I have to stick to the same eye shadow for a while before I can actually hit pan on it. I think I did pretty well though, so I will get right into all the shadows! 


In no particular order:

1. Peach shade in the Hard Candy Birthday Suit palette - This was a really great shade in the summer and fall. When I used this I realized how much I love really warm, peachy looks on my eyes. Whenever I do anything too cool toned now I think it looks weird.

2. Nude Glow - Maybelline - A really pretty, sparkly, warm toned champagne/peach color. I found that not only is this a beautiful lid shade, but as an inner corner highlight, and even as a highlight on my cheek bones when I have a little more color to my skin....it is just way too beautiful for words. You all need to just go and buy it now.

3. Random shade from the Profusion Eyes palette - I depotted this color because I love it so much. It is a darker version of the Maybelline shadow and is yet another beautiful warm shade. I liked using this under my lower lash line to smoke things up without it being too dark. It complimented the Maybelline shadow really well.

4. Brow Bone shade from the Wet n Wild Sweet as Candy trio - This was alright. I prefer a more matte brow bone color, and something a little warmer for my inner corner. I am considering just decluttering this trio at this point. 

5. White shade from Loreal quad that I can't remember the name of - Standard white shade. Pretty pigmented. If I don't do a warm toned inner corner I do like a matte white shade and this worked well there.

6. Champagne - Elizabeth Mott - Another peachy champagne shade. Really beautiful and I enjoyed this as an inner corner color too.

7. Brulee - Wet n Wild - This is one of my favorite shadows to set my primer with. I find it really hard to not use this shade because it is in my z palette, but I need to move on if I am ever going to hit pan on other shadows.

8. art in Montmartre - Tarte Away Oui Go Holiday 2014 - Beautiful bronze color with some shimmer running through it. I love that it isn't a bunch of chunky glitter in there. I used this a lot for a one shadow look. I also used it on my lower lash line to smoke it out a bit.

9. Macarons for You - Tarte Away Oui Go Holiday 2014 - Easy crease shade. I liked that it wasn't too dark so I was able to throw it in the crease to add a little definition on no makeup makeup days without looking like I have too much eye shadow on. 

I am so proud of myself for hitting pan on 9 eye shadows in only 3 months. It is probably going to slow down from now on since I used all the shadows that I already had a dip in, but I am excited to see how far I can take this. I never thought I would hit pan on eye shadow ever in my life, and here I am with 9 shadows that have pan. I know that the pan isn't huge in each of the shadows, but that is how much I wanted and I am happy with it. 

Have you lovelies been  partaking in the traditional pan that palette challenge, or are you on the same track as I am with trying to hit pan on as many shadows as you can?

No comments:

Post a Comment