Sunday, April 3, 2016

Makeup Use Up Q1 Update

Hello lovelies, well we are a quarter of the way through the year and it is time for my update on how I've done with my Makeup Use Up 2016 goals. You can find the intro here. So far I think I have done alright with everything. I mean there are products that I haven't touched yet, but I know that I will get to them and that there are quite a few products that I am sure I will finish by the next quarter update. I have made a couple of changes along the way, but I will let you know about those when I get to those categories.

The products I have finished/getting rid of. 
L to R = Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, Wet n Wild Coverall Powder, ELF blushed/bronzed duo, Mary Kay lipgloss in au Naturel, Temptu Pink Pearl, Rimmel East End Snob.
Powders - 3
NYC Smooth Skin Loose Powder - So close to being done with this! 
Wet n Wild Coverall
Rimmel Stay Matte 
Wet n Wild Reserve your Cabana - stretch
Decided that the Wet n Wild powder isn't great all over the face but a nice highlighter. I will keep on using it, but if I don't get through it I will still reach my goal with the rest of them.

Blushes - 2
ELF Blushed/Bronzed Duo 
Be a Bombshell the One Stick in Sunset

I decided I want to change both of these goals. From now on it will be:
Hit pan on 1 powder blush
Use up 1 cream blush

Eye Liner - 4
Rimmel Nude
Rimmel Black 
Revlon Charcoal - the only one I don't have any progress on yet.
Pacifica Fringe
Rimmel Turquoise - stretch
Sephora Chloraphyll - stretch

Eyelid Primers/Bases - 3
Be a Bombshell Submissive - Have barely used this, but will start getting into it again! 
Maybelline Barely Branded
NYC City Proof 24 hr. - My opinion on this product has changed so much, for the better! 
Trestique Aspen Pine - stretch

Brow Products - 4
Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper
It Cosmetics Brow Power - Haven't used it at all yet
CVS Sample Brown
CVS Sample Taupe

Lip Liners - 3
Rimmel East End Snob
Jordana Rock n Rose
Essence In the Nude

Lipsticks - 4
Bare Minerals Get Ready
Kat Von D Love Craft
Covergirl Rush
Covergirl Sultry
Wet n Wild 902C - stretch

Lip Gloss - 3
Artistry Champagne
Mary Kay au Naturel
BBW Watermelon Sorbet - Haven't used this yet
NYX Creme Brulee - sretch

Lip Balms - 3
Maybelline Babylips Yummy Plummy - Really close with this one.
Maybelline Babylips Peach Kiss
Maybelline Babylips Strike a Rose
NYC Apple Plum Pie - stretch

Foundation/BB Cream - 4
Rimmel Stay Matte
Urban Decay Naked Skin BB Cream - Really close to finishing this off
Garnier BB Cream
Revlon Nearly Naked -Haven't used yet.
Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder - stretch

Bronzer - 2
NYC Smooth Skin Sunny
ELF Blushed/Bronzed duo

Concealers - 3
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye
Mac Studio Finish
Maybelline Fit Me - stretch - closest to finishing this out of all of them. Will be decluttering it next month when my One Brand Project Pan for Maybelline is done. It is way too old to keep holding on to it. 

Highlighters - 2
Benefit Watts Up
Temptu Pink Pearl
ELF Pink Tastic - stretch

Face Primers - 3
Smashbox Photo Finish - really close to finishing this
Pixi Flawless Beauty - Haven't used it yet
dr. brandt Pores No More - Again really close to finishing this
Benefit Porefessional - stretch

Total: 43
Stretch: 11
All Together: 54
Used: 7



Alright, if you made it all the way through that, thank you. I think I am on the right track with these products. There are a few that I need to start using, but I'm not too worried about them. I did decide to toss the Temptu liquid highlighter because it went bad. No matter how much I shake it up it stays separated. I decided to declutter the ELF duo because it is just not very good and is such a pain to work with. The bronzer is very splotchy and I always have to scrape off the hard pan on the top when I used it. I had to get rid of the blush because it is just a glitter bomb on my face. I have been reaching for more matte blushes lately and I have a couple of glitter ones that aren't as chunky if that is the look I am going to go for. 

Have you lovelies made up your own list? Let me know down below so I can check out your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment