Sunday, November 8, 2015

Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper Review

Hello lovelies, today I bring for you another review. I have been using the Maybelline clear mascara as a brow gel for a while now, but I realized that it just wasn't doing the trick for me. The tail ends of my brows grow long pretty fast and so I need something strong to tame them. I can't justify spending $20 on the Anastasia brow gel, especially since I don't know if it will work. I have been noticing a few of the youtubers I watch using the Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper, so I finally got my hands on it.

At first I was excited to get this because I thought it would be able to be a quick fix to fill in my brows when I don't feel like actually filling them in. This was not the case. I have it in medium dark, so the color isn't the issue. However, when I used it on it's own I had to use so much of it that I felt it on my skin. That is an issue I have noticed while I am using it. It makes my eyebrows crunchy if I wear too much of it and if I try to brush through it after it has dried it flakes off. You know the way a dry mascara does? At the same time though, my eyebrows do not move whatsoever while I am wearing this. 

I have heard mixed reviews about this product, and after using it for over a month I can see why. I feel like once I finish it I won't want to buy it, but at the drugstore there aren't that many options for tinted brow gels that can actually hold the eyebrow hairs in place. There is a new Rimmel one that I want to try out but I haven't seen it at any of the stores I have gone to lately.

Pros - Gives a decent tint to the brows, holds hairs in place, small enough wand that I don't make too much of a mess.
Cons - If you put too much on it will give you incredibly crunchy, stiff brows. If you put too much it will also flake off.

At the end of the day, if it is on sale and I can't find anything else I will buy it again, but I guess my search will just have to keep going on for a good eyebrow gel at the drugstore. If you have any suggestions let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased this because I was looking for a less expensive alternative to the Benefit gimme brow. The Loreal is just ok for me. I think I like Gimme brow better (but Ive only used the Loreal for 3 days, so i can't tell quite yet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it for a while, I just don't think it will be a repurchase. It is definitely an upgrade from the Maybelline Great Lash, but I just haven't fallen in love with it the way I hoped I would.

      Delete