Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Project Pan Roulette Update #1

Hello lovelies, I bring to you all today my first update for my project pan roulette. Since I have started a project with a deadline, I kind of put this project on the side and there isn't nearly as much progress on everything like I had hoped there would be. I have decided to go on a low-buy until I can finish 10 of the 12 products. It will actually be a no-buy, but I am rewarding myself after I finish 5 of them so I am considering it a low-buy. Anyway, I'll just get right into my progress. I haven't finished anything yet. Also, if you would like to know what each of the categories were, you will have to look at the intro because I don't want this to be longer than it has to be, there are too many products to get through!


1. NYC Smooth skin loose face powder - The marking that I had made completely rubbed off of this. I am almost done with this...unfortunately it was not all of my doing. My niece got ahold of this product not once, but twice. It is nearing the end of it's time and I won't miss it honestly. I have come to the realization that I really don't like loose powder, it is just such a mess. 
2. Artistry Light up lip gloss in Champagne - I made decent progress on this. It looks terribly metallic if I put too much on, but just a tiny bit on the center of my lips makes for a great highlight. 
3. Wet n Wild blush in Heather Silk - My goal is to just hit pan on this. I figured that wouldn't be a problem since it is a nice shade for fall/winter, but man was I wrong. This may be the last product I finish because it has such intense pigmentation that you don't really need much, especially on my fair skin. 
4. Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm - I have gotten some decent use out of this and am not too worried about finishing it up. I do wish it wasn't so pink on my skin though. It has been nice to mix with my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation that is just a bit too heavy feeling and light colored for my skin tone.
5. Kat Von D studded kiss lipstick in Lovecraft - I thought I had used more of this. I love the color and the pigmentation of the lipstick is perfect. I don't find that I have to do more than 1 swipe. It is a really comfortable formula for me. I would consider buying a full size of this lipstick once I finish a few more lipsticks in my collection. 
6. Jordana easy liner in Rock n' Rose - No surprise that I have finished as much of this as I have. I already have a backup and this looks perfect under just about all of my lipsticks. Even when my lipstick fades this always stays on and looks good.
7. Stila Stay All Day concealer - haven't used this at all yet. Working on other concealers in my Finish 14 by Feb. 14. 
8. This was originally the ELF Instant Lift Brow Pencil, but I used that all of once before it broke and fell out of the packaging. It is smashed into my carpet. I'm not too happy about this....But I did swap it for another brow pencil that also happens to be the cheapest item in my collection. It is the Salon Pro Brow Pencil in Taupe. This was in a previous project and it very close to being done, so I decided to just add it here.
9. NYC City Proof 24 Hr. Eye Primer - I didn't think I had used this much, but I guess I did. It is alright, I like that it doesn't add too much pigmentation so I have enjoyed using it while I play with my Lorac Mega Pro 2 palette. I do feel like it accentuates the dry skin that is between my lid and brow, I didn't even think I was dry there. 
10. Elf Mist and Set - No surprise that I am going through this pretty well. I use it everyday.
11. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready - I wasn't aware that I have used this much of the lipstick. I layer a lot of my lipsticks together because I like dimension on my lips, so I guess that is how I've been getting through it. It is also a creamier consistency than the Kat Von D lipstick. 
12. NYC Smooth Skin bronzer - I am so close to hitting pan. I don't understand how I haven't yet. You can kind of see the dip in the center. I have been using it as a transition shade, it looks really good there. 


If you made it all the way to the end, you are a serious trooper. It is a lot to get through, but once I start finishing the products it will get shorter. I included a close up of the sheet with all my markings this time so you can see the progress I made there. 
Goals for next month: 
1. The brow pencil is getting close to a place of not being able to be sharpened anymore, so that should be gone soon.
2. I am determined to hit pan on that bronzer. 
3, I am pretty sure I can get through the loose powder as well by next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment