Saturday, October 31, 2015

Finish 13 by Halloween Finale

Happy Halloween Everyone!
Today, I bring you all my final update for my Finish 13 by Halloween Project Pan. 

First are the products that I finished:

I don't remember the order I finished these, but you can go look back on the first 2 updates that I did. I have the blush and bronzer from the Blushed/Bronzed contour duo which I wanted to hit pan on each and did that. I think once I finish this blush I will just toss it, the bronzer is splotchy and keeps getting hard pan. Mac Mineralized Skin Finish Natural is a great powder that I will definitely be repurchasing now that I have finished this one. The Yaby Natural Finish liquid foundation took a lot longer to finish than I thought. It looks like there is some in the but nothing was coming out anymore. It was alright, I won't go trying to find it though. I never felt that it wore well on my skin. I finished the half of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. I didn't think I could do it honestly. It really helped when I brought it back to life with a spritz of elf Mist and Set. Almay Liquid Lipbalm was another one that took longer to finish than I thought. I took out the stopper and got ever drop that I could get out of there. It was nice, but I don't think that I would repurchase this again. Last are the 2 Maybelline Babylips in Cherry Me and Twinkle. These were pretty simple to get through, but like I mentioned before, I just want all of these out of my collection and I won't be repurchasing. They are just not as moisturizing as I would like. 

Now onto the products that I didn't finish:


So I have the Garnier BB Cream that I really thought I would finish. However, towards the end it just got way to dark for my skin and so I started mixing it with my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation for my next project. This is nearly empty so I am going to toss it because it is really old and it has been doing some funny things on my skin. By the time I get to wear it again on it's own it will be over 3 years old and since it has spf in it, I just don't feel comfortable holding onto it any longer. I did use a really large amount of it though. The pixi flawless beauty primer...I haven't used it since the last update. I actually put it away because I knew that there was no way that I would be able to use it all up and so i just gave up. I will use it form time to time just because I like the finish it gives my foundation when this is used underneath. I didn't want to just get through it because I enjoy using it and didn't want it to just go to waste because I am trying to finish it. The Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black is the next product that wasn't even close to being finished. I did put this on the back burner after the last update as well. I just don't feel like this preforms as well as my nude one. It always transferred to my waterline when I used it as a tightliner. Also it smudged underneath my eyes. It is the only one in the line that does that though, the rest are all really great. The Salon Perfect eyebrow pencil in taupe had steady progress over the last 2 months. Some days I really liked the way my brows looked with this, and others they looked far too heavy. That is obviously just user error though. Last is the Mac Studio Finish concealer. I made amazing progress on this since the beginning of the project. It is now too dark for my skintone and so I will be putting it on the side, but I liked using it. I won't repurchase though because I did feel like it was too heavy for underneath my eyes, but on the otherhand it is really good at covering my dark circles. I think once I finish it completely I will have to see what other concealers I have. I might get it but in a darker color. I don't know...let me know what you guys think of this concealer. 

So there you have it. I finished 8/13 products that were in this project, technically 9 if you consider the fact that I am tossing the BBCream. I am really happy with that since my goal was to finish 7! I was really happy with the fact that I won't be repurchasing a lot of these products since that means that I will have fun trying to find new things instead to fall in love with. Life is too short to hoard makeup that you just don't love! 

Have a safe and Happy Halloween everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment