Saturday, October 3, 2015

Finish 13 by Halloween Update #2

Hello my lovely readers, today I bring for you my 2nd update for my Finish 13 by Halloween project pan. Now, I know it is the 3rd and I should have posted on the 30th of September, but school and work have officially overtaken my life. I did however take the photos on that day, and that is why the quality of them isn't the greatest. Anyway, there are a lot of products so I will just get right into it.


All 13 of my products.
So, I guess I will start with face products.  The Garnier BB Cream has some considerably less product in it. The Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer, I honestly don't know what my progress on this is. I can't get the air out of the top and it is hard for me to see through the packaging. This is one of the items that I am pretty sure I won't be finishing. The Yaby Natural Finish foundation has also got some progress on it. If I just use it more exclusively like I had planned, I probably would have been done with it by now. For the past week I have been only using it and I found a way to make it work better with my skin so I don't mind using it as much as I was before. I have a lot more pan on the Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. I'm pretty confident that I will be finishing that one up soon. I have finally hit pan on the Mac Studio Finish Concealer. I was working on only one side, but then realized that that wouldn't have shown up in the photos and so I started in on the middle again. Because of how I was using it though, I am almost done with half of on side. 

Next, I have a variety of the other products. First is the Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black. I am not making the greatest progress on this and since I am only using it to tightline, I wasn't expecting much. I will continue to use it for the rest of the month, but I will be happy to use something that won't transfer everywhere as much as this one does. Next is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded. My progress with this is alright. I didn't really start using it until I finished with my Finsih 5 by Fall project pan because I had a base in there that I was using. The goal is to use half of that I have left of this, but I'm not sure that will happen. I have the Salon Perfects Brow Pencil, and I made good progress on this. It won't be finished based on the steady progress I have been making, but it will be pretty close and that is exciting. I'll be glad to move that out of my collection and use my new brow products. As for lips in this challenge, I have the Almay liquid lip balm in blooming and the Maybelline Babylips in Twinkle. Both have good progress on them. I'm not too worried about finishing either one of these. 

As for the products that I have finished for this project, I have three! My Maybelline Babylips in Cherry Me was a pain to finish. It got really goopy towards its end. Also, the red wasn't a very flattering one on me and because I was trying to finish it, it was always splotchy and uneven looking. As for the other 2, they were both from the ELF Blush and Contour duo. I hit pan on the blush a lot earlier than the bronzer. I will probably choose to finish up this blush in a future pan because I really enjoyed using it. The bronzer however was another story. It looked a lot better as an all over shadow than as a bronzer. It was always really splotchy and uneven on me. Also, hard pan keeps forming over it, and it is annoying to have to deal with it. I may just toss it once I finish the blush completely, but for now I may just continue to use it as an allover shadow look on the days when I don't have too much time to get ready. 

So there you have it. That was a lot to get through. I decided that if I finish 7 products from this project I will be proud of myself. The main goal for my doing all of these projects is to try to get through my products, make sure I am getting my moneys worth, and to make sure I use things before they go completely bad and become unusable. While I may put them on the side after the project is over, I won't completely just forget about them. Constantly having to use a product really lets you know if you like it enough that it would be considered repurchasable. 

What I think I will be able to finish in the next month:
Maybelline Baby Lips in Twinkle
Mac Minieralized Skinfinish Natural
Mac Studio Finish Concealer
Yaby Natural Finish FOundation
Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Blooming.

Well, until my next post my fellow beauty lovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment