Monday, October 22, 2012

What I've been up to lately

Alright so I have been sick with the flu for the past three days and before that I had midterms. No much went on during the week because of the studying and prepping I was doing for these tests that would determine a lot for me. I mean if I had failed my midterm for history, there would have been no way to come back and I would have just dropped the class because its better than having an F on my transcript. Life of a college student it not too fun. Anyway, after all the studying and what not, I got the flu. I'm pretty sure it was because I used a computer on campus. I think I'm going to start carrying lysol wipes with me everywhere I go now.

While I was wallowing in self-pity and being my over dramatic self thinking I was going to die, I stayed in bed and decided to watch a few movies. I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. Both a couple of chick flicks that are perfect for comforting someone who is sick. I had never watched MBGW and was really happy with it. I love how it was actually relateable to me and my Arabic culture. Greeks and Arabs must come from the same family tree with all those traditions that would probably seem pretty backwards to the American society. But, aside from that because I don't feel like having the discussion right now, I really enjoyed it and if you haven't seen it because you are a bit late like I am I recommend you watch it. I had already seen HtLaGi10D and I liked it just as much. What can I say, I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. I suggest both movies to everyone!

I am going to wrap up what is probably going to be one of my most pointless posts and go watch some more Supernatural. I'm late to that party too. Great show so far. Would have been deeper into it than just the 6th episode, but I got freaked out when I watched the first one at 2 am. I'm not too into watching scary things but I took a chance and it was obviously the wrong timing.

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment