Thursday, October 25, 2012

Heartbreak in the Music World

This is truly a dark night, Every Avenue is calling it quits for a while. They have not broken up and they are on good terms with each other, but it will be a while before they're back again. They are appropriately calling their last tour The Last Call Tour. It will feature Conditions, Set It Off, Car Party and Wilson. I have never been to one of their shows and considering they're from Michigan and so am I that this is awful. They will be here on 2 dates and maybe I will get my chance. You can find tour info here: everyavenue.net

Its a shame to see a band like this go. Their music is awesome and speaks to people on so many levels. Their last album, Bad Habits, was a favorite of mine. The songs were all great and I even bought the hard copy of it. It was basically the sound track for my summer while I was driving around with the windows down. A song that was only available if you got the album off itunes was called "If I Knew" and there was so much raw emotion in that song that even now I get a tear or two listening to it.

I can go on and on listing some of my favorite tracks, or you can just go listen to them for yourselves and allow your ears to go on the best ride of their musical lives. To the people who don't know who this band is/was, I feel sorry for you because you definitely missed out on something great. It was good while it lasted and I wish the guys well on all of their journeys and future projects and I will anticipate your return.


This is see you later, I'm not into goodbyes....








~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment