Sunday, October 14, 2012

I Stand Corrected


So I think I need to apologize to Nicholas Sparks. My last post was about his novel "The Best of Me" and I basically said that it was nothing special. Now that I've finished it, I realized that I was so wrong. Towards the end it just got really intense and the scenes that he described were absolutely amazing.

There is a specific scene that spoke to me and gave me chills, the one about a car accident. I won't give too much information in case you choose to read it, but I connected to this part of the book because of my recent accident. I was close to tears reading it because I know that it could have been so much worse, especially considering that I got hit by a semi-truck.

Anyway enough about me and more about the book. Like I said, towards the end it got really interesting and I just wasn't able to put it down. It had a much different ending than I had expected. You get the gist of it towards the end and you know whats going to happen, but nonetheless it hits you just the way that Sparks most likely wanted it to. He is a great author and I hope everyone reads this book as they wait for his next novel and movie which are both in the process of being made.

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment