Sunday, October 14, 2012

Current Read


So I may have told you that I love to read, I've been called a nerd for it in the past, but who doesn't enjoy a good book? I said that Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors and I am currently reading one of his novels. "The Best Of Me" which I believe is his newest novel.



This book isn't like his others. By that I mean that it does have all the romantic aspects that you would expect from Sparks, but it isn't all about that. There are so many characters that he is speaking through in this novel. Little parts that seem unimportant, and when this book inevitably turns into a movie, probably won't make the cut. I have been able to read his books in a matter of days in the past, but this one seems to drag on and on. He has had books that deviate from just being romantic, such as "A Bend In The Road" which was a bit of a mystery, but this one is just a book. I feel like he had to write something and he did.

I'm sure all these little things will add up in the end and something epic will happen, it's just not happening yet. I'm a little disappointed with this considering I am more than three quarters into the book. I don't think I will be recommending this book any time soon.

~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment