Tuesday, November 1, 2016

13 by Halloween Project Pan Roulette Finale

Hello lovelies, Halloween was yesterday and that means that this project that I feel like I have been working on for forever has finally come to an end. I think it felt like a really long project because I was constantly working on 13 items because it was a roulette. This means that I picked my products based on topics that I chose at random. Each time I finished one or met my goal I picked a new topic.

Previously finished:
Update 1 - Urban Decay Beauty Balm, Hit pan on Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
Update 2 - Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch, hit pan on Tarte Private Chateau shadow.
Update 3 - NYC Get it All foundation stick, NYC bronzer in Sunny. 

For the finale I have finished another 3 more products.

Foundation - Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder - this was marked with the black lines. I was shocked to see how much of this I used once I started to use solely this as a foundation. I stopped mixing it or using other things and it really shows with the amount of progress I made. It's nice to have another foundation out of my collection, especially one that is not even close to being my correct shade. I will not be repurchasing this.

Lip Gloss - Tarte Cannes - nice lip gloss, but I know that I don't like the feeling of lip gloss on my lips so I won't be purchasing any more and that it has been nice to be finally using a lot of these up. 

The Balm - Single Shadow in Flirty - Can you all see how empty that pan is? I have never used up a shadow completely before so this is kind of a big deal for me. It was a nice purple color that had gold shimmer running through it. I have another of this in the Nude Dude palette so it is nice to be down to only one again. 

And now for all the things that I didn't get to finish...

Face Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte technically this was done a while ago since all I wanted to do was hit pan on a relatively new powder, but I said that I would show you all how far I got with it at the end of the project. It is amazing to see that I had so little of this left that I had to crumble it to be able to use it. I can't believe I went through it so quickly! 

Highend Product - Mac Studiofinish Concealer - I don't think I've used this even once since the last update. It is a bit dark for me now, but I don't know that I can let myself wait till next summer to use it again since it is pretty old. I think I can get away with it under my foundation and with a really light concealer on top. 

Face Primer - Rimmel Stay Matte - I am so surprised at how much of this I have gone through. Face primers usually take me forever and a day to make this type of progress. It is kind of sticky glue type of primer so I will be happy when it is gone, but I am definitely going to give it a rest for a while and use other primers.

Brow Product - Loreal Brow Stylist plumper - There is obviously no way that I can actually show progress on this. However I can tell you that it is starting to dry out, I may be getting rid of this soon. It's alright but I have brow gels that I prefer over this one. I have a full review on it here.

Eye Primer/base - Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Barely Branded - I can count on one hand how many times I actually used this.

Already Hit Pan on - Wet n Wild Reserve your Cabana - I really thought I would be able to get to hit side pan on this, but honestly I have been preferring a really strong highlight and this just doesn't cut it for me.


Highlighter - Benefit Watts Up - I think another month of this and I could have finished it. Still, I am really proud of the amount of progress that I made on it.

Free Choice - Pacifica eyeliner in Fringe - So close to being unable to sharpen this anymore. Feel like I'll actually be able to get through it by the end of the year now.

Cheap Product - Rimmel Nude eyeliner - My eyes have been extra sensitive lately and I just haven't been wanting to wear any sort of eyeliner. 

Pink Lipstick - Bite Beauty in Cafe - I haven't been wearing much on my lips except for  lip balm since they have been so dry, thus the tiny progress shown here.

Rimmel - eyeliner in Ivy - I think I used this once since the last update. Like I said I don't want any eyeliner right now.

So 9/13 isn't too bad in my opinion. I completely used up a lot of products including my first bronzer and eye shadow, so I am really happy with how this went. I also made serious progress on products in my Makeup Use Up challenge for the year. There is also the fact that I got good use on products that have been forgotten in my collection like the Bite lipstick and Rimmel primer. Overall a really successful project pan! 

2 comments:

  1. You did better than I did! Well done :]

    xx Julia
    missjulziez.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We both did really well though. This was a tough one for sure with it being a roulette style.

      Asma'a

      Delete