Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New You!...Not Really


So the new year sort of just creeped up. Another year has come to an end. For me specifically I don't think much has happened. The only notable thing I think is that I managed to finally choose a major and not change my mind after a week or two like before. To my family however, there has been a lot!

We welcomed three babies into the world this year. A boy and two girls, and although I have yet to go see one of the girls, I love them with all my heart. I wanted to go see the new baby down in Florida seeing as I have another two weeks of break, but I cannot get myself to leave the other two. Other things happened as well, but nothing that seems as notable as just that news.

Well some of us managed to make it out of 2012 without too much damage, and I think that is something we should give ourselves credit for. We will all have our new years resolution, that we will all most likely give up by the second week of January. Even if that is true, I think that everyone should have one just because you never know the outcome of it. If you say that you are going to workout and be healthy (a very common one!), you may meet someone at the gym or at a wholefoods that could help you keep up with your resolution. If you say you want to be more outgoing, all you need is to meet one person before you give up, and who knows where that will lead. These little goals that we set for ourselves, no matter how foolish or impractical, are a driving force for some change. Change is a good thing even if it not always welcome.

New year, so why not make it a new you? I'm not saying to change who you are because you may be a great person. I am saying that you should open yourself up to new things that you may not have tried or liked before. Over time we become different people whether we choose to or not, so why don't we just embrace these little changes and own them. Some people may not like the new you, but as long as you are happy, what does it matter what others think of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment