Monday, January 14, 2013

First Day Back

Wow, I never realized what a month off would do to me. I wasn't able to fall asleep so easily last night and that did not help this morning. I had planned on sleeping early and waking up at 6:30 so I can get a little workout in before getting ready to leave. I woke up at 7 and considering that I have to clean up the house a little and get ready to leave by 8, this was not a good thing. I didn't feel rushed or anything, just a groggy and out of it. The fact that I had to make my schedule from 8:30 to 3 with only a 25 min break is going to kill me.

Also there are the teachers that just like to talk about themselves for 2 hours. Yes, that is what I went through this morning. She hardly mentioned Earth Science, which you know would make sense considering that is the class. The only time I got to say anything was when I attempted to correct my name while she butchered it taking attendance. This happens to be a reoccurring theme throughout my classes. I guess it is something I will have to live with.

My English class, which I'm not officially in, was alright. I took the teacher last year and decided to stick with her. Unfortunately, there are 11 people on the waitlist and she can't let that many people in. Hopefully I will be one of them. Class timings otherwise are just completely awful.

Now, my Math class was probably the most awful part of my day. Our teacher is a complete....well I don't know the proper word for him just yet. He hasn't taught in four years, so that says something about his teaching skills I guess. On top of that, he has never taught an elementary class, so I don't know how he is going to be able to help prepare us. He is one of those teachers that starts a lesson and every couple of minutes something reminds him and he begins to trail off into a story or something of the sort.

Overall it wasn't a bad day considering I was on three hours of sleep. What really made my day was that somehow, my luck, a seat opened up in that Physics class I needed to get into. So I am excited to start that tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad of a semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment