Sunday, September 20, 2015

Current Reads September 2015


Hello people of the internet, so here for you today I have yet another current reads for you. I guess I will go from left to right. Lets just pretend that my planner isn't there, I couldn't be bothered to move it. 

1. apples & chalkdust by Vivki Caruana
This is a really cute read. Its just little stories and things of encouragement for teachers. Caruana uses her own experiences as well as from a couple of other teachers. Really cute read for anyone going into education.

2. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
This is I believe the fourth book I am reading from Rowell. I have come to appreciate her adult contemporary novels and this is one of them. I just started reading it, so I don;t know how much I like this one, but so far it seems like an easy read. Sometimes I need something like this to get me out of a reading slum. 

3. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
Working through this pretty slowly; possibly because I have already read it before. I go to this whenever I am in the mood to read and just don't know what to read. I know when the story develops a bit more I won't be able to put it down, but it is a bit slow in the build for now and that is how it reads.

4. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Still working on reading all the Harry Potter books. Clearly I got stuck on the third one. There is nothing wrong with the book, but like with the Sparks book, it is taking a minute to get started. I realized this with the other 2 as well. Once I get to the good part, I am sure I won't be able to put it down.

So there you have it. I am doing a lot of reading for my classes at the moment and so my personal reading is taking a bit of a back seat. I am so far off from my goal of 24 books by the end of the year, but I will keep at it. I will be happy if I could read even 12 honestly. Happy reading everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment