Saturday, August 15, 2015

Product Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

Hello lovelies, today I have a review of the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation.


The claims: took them straight from Rimmel's website. It is available in 10 different shades.
Instant perfect coverage that feels extra comfortable and lasts all day
- Blends flawlessly, seamlessly, instantly and easily into the skin
- Sweat, heat, humidity and transfer proof for up to 25 hours

I have used this foundation in many different ways; I tried with and without different primers, I used different methods of application: beauty sponge, buffing brush, fingers. I couldn't get this to work for me. I have what I thought was normal to combination skin, however whenever I use this I feel like I have the oiliest skin. It doesn't sink into my skin the way I like my foundations to, it kind of just sits on top. I felt like it never lost the initial tacky feeling that some foundations have before they set. I think this is because there is a serum built into the formula. Me and this foundation just did not get along. It broke apart on my nose, emphasized my pores and clung to dry patches. The thing about it that was the worst though was the fact that at the end of the night I was able to literally take off the foundation just by touching it. It would slip and slide under my touch.

However, my sister whose skin is a little more on the dry side loved the foundation. I was happy that it didn't just sit in my collection and take space. So I guess if you have dry skin this is one for you.

I'm disappointed because I was really looking forward to this foundation working out for me because of how much I love Rimmel. Guess I'll just stay on the hunt for a perfect drugstore foundation! Leave me some recommendations!


No comments:

Post a Comment