Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's a Dog Eat Dog World Out There

Alright, it is finals for the next two weeks and as most other college students who feel the classes they are taking are impossible, I have broken down already once and the week has just gotten started. My post may sound a little scatter brained, I'm giving you fair warning because that is the kind of brain I have at the moment. It really is awful, finals I mean. All you see are students who frantically panic and don't know what to do with themselves because there is so much material to cover. There are also no open study rooms and hardly anywhere to sit in the library.

Now, when I say that I don't like school people tend to think of it as if I am joking. In all honesty, I hate it and I don't understand why I want to be a teacher, but I do. Even my body rejects school. I always get sick the first week or two of the semester and throughout the rest I get headaches. The amount of stress that comes from midterms and finals also leaves me ill. It is just not fun for me.

Any way, I realize that these past 2 paragraphs probably have nothing to do with the title, but bear with me I am getting there. Remember I said scatter brain. Ok, so teachers expect you to remember all of this information that they have thrown at you the entire semester and then some. You see things on the finals or on the review sheets that you have never covered before. Also if you are helping someone out, they expect you to do all the work for them. They knew what they were getting themselves into and they should have been better prepared. It is all about the people you surround yourself with as well. Don't tell me that you just need to look out for yourself at the end of the semester because that is complete crap.

I have a problem with letting people down and I don't like to get pressured by others. Especially with school. I have enough issues with that as it is and I don't need anymore. If I don't want to get better than a C in the class and that is ok with me, then don't let it be your job to try to get me to do more. I know that I can't get better than that because the numbers don't add up. You are just going to make me feel horrible about that grade and make me feel like I didn't reach your expectations.

I have learned long ago that life isn't handed to you on a silver platter. My expectations for reality are low so that when something good happens I am really happy with it and I appreciate it that much more. Also I only look out for myself and no one else, it is a dog eat dog world out there and there is no other way to be. I can be helpful but only to an extent. You know that when you meet me, don't sit and try and hope for more than that out of me.

Definitely changing the title of this post from People and Their Expectations to Its a Dog Eat Dog world out there because that makes more sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment