Friday, December 14, 2012

Current Read(s)





I don't know what it is wrong with me at the moment, I can't seem to stick to reading one specific book. I think it has to do with college or it is just the fact that I am just not into the books I am reading. Anyway, I won't sit and try to figure out what it is and I'll let you know what the books are.

1. The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest - Stieg Larsson
I have read the first 2 books and really enjoyed them. Unfortunately, in my opinion, it takes too long for me to get into these books. The first half of the books drag for me and I sit and wonder when the hook is going to snatch me up. After that hook, however I tend to not be able to put the book down. 







2. Seeing Julia - Katherine Owens
I found this author after she followed me on twitter and I saw that a couple of her books were for free on Amazon for a little while. I took the opportunity to get them on Kindle. I have the Kindle app on my phone and so I never have to worry about carrying the book around. So far it is really good. It started off with a bit a tragedy and I like that because you know the character can only go up from here. Also there is a love interest there already starting, and well, I'm a hopeless romantic and I love it. I'm excited to see what the rest of the book has to hold for me.



3. Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro
Now, a cousin of mine lent me this book and so far I don't know what to think of it. It is a bit confusing for me. I am sure that it will begin to make more sense as I read on. It was made into a movie, so it must be really good. I want to see the movie because I think it would make more sense, but I'm a stickler for reading a novel and then seeing the movie. I think this has to do with my critiquing the film industry and their continuous failures to make a movie remotely like the novel that inspired it. Also there would be no point to read a book after a watching the movie because it ruins the plot and therefore just destroys the purpose of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment