Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Project Ipsy Reboot January Update

Hello lovely readers. Happy new year! First post of the year is going to be a project pan update on my reboot of project ipsy. I have been working on these products for a month now and I have to say that the progress is seriously underwhelming and I am not on the best start with this project. I refuse to lose hope though and think the 5 new additions to the project are some good additions this early on in the year because they will take a little longer to get through. Anyway, I'll just get into the products now and try not to drone on about each item because there is a lot to get through.


1. Sexy Hair Spray Clay -  I used this once. I'm glad I used it the one time, but I really need to just get this gone because I don't know whether I actually like this product or not. I don't curl my hair often and so I know I don't use this as much and I thought having this in a project would make me use it more but apparently not.

2. Bella Terra Mineral Pigment in Navy Shimmer - I used this a ton. I hadn't remarked it at the start of the project so I don't know how accurate the red line is, but the blue line on there now shows that I used this a lot. I did a really pretty navy eyeliner look that was super dramatic.

3. Starlooks Eye Liner in Amethyst - I thought I was using this a lot, but eyeliners are near impossible for me to work through. Especially something in this tone and has this much sparkle. I have hope that I can get through 1/2 of this pencil by the end of the year.

4. J Cat Big Lip Pencil in Caramel Mocha - I thought I had used more of this than I did, but apparently not.

5. Mally Eye Liner in Star Shine - I haven't used this much as you can see. Silver eye liner will take me a little longer to work through.


6. Zoya Nail Polish in Odette - I think I made decent progress on this. I used it a lot because it is a neutral color. I do 2 coats when I paint my nails so I guess that helped me move through it as well.

7. NYX Buttergloss in Creme Brulee - I can actually see through the packaging a lot now. There is definitely hope that I will finish a lipgloss.

8. Nicole by OPI Nail polish in Feeling Very Cherry - You can't really see the update line, but considering I felt I used this a few times there isn't much progress.

9. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye - I feel like I am finally making progress on this concealer. I swear this was the never ending concealer for so long.

10. Urban Decay Lip liner in Ozone - I felt like I had to constantly remind myself to use this. I prefer lip liners that have actual pigment to them and don't think this makes any difference in the staying power of my lipstick while using this.

And now for the 5 new additions for the month!


11. Bella Pierre eyeliner in Ebony - This is one of my favorite black eye liners. I feel like this stays put best in my waterline.

12. Trestique Mini Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine - A sparkly green shadow crayon. This will take some time to work on because I don't think I'm gonna use it that often, but I have hope by the end of the year.

13. Skone Lip/Eye Liner in Wine - This is another product that is gonna take some time for me to get through. I don't wear this color on my lips much at all so I am gonna try it as an eye liner.

14. Aila Nail Polish in Mister Pookies - This is one of my favorite neutrals and I love painting my nails with this so I don't think it will be too hard for me to get through by the end of the year.

15. The Balm Liquid Lipstick in Committed - I've used this a few times and it isn't my favorite formula. I don't think it will take too long though since it is such a small lip product.

Well there it is. I have hope for some of these products. I don't know that I will have any of them done by the next update. Maybe the concealer and lip gloss, but the rest of the products will probably take me a few months to get through.

How are your current projects going? Are you joining me in project ipsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment