Friday, July 19, 2013

Beauty Things That We Do

Hello beauties, so I recently ombred my hair again. I felt like changing something with my  hair and my stylist of 8 years (I won't let anyone else touch my hair!) suggested that we go for an ombre effect. The last time I colored my hair I did my tips and I really liked the dark, rich burgundy color we went for...until it faded into a strawberry blonde. It wasn't what I was going for, but I wasn't completely mad that it had faded. Seeing as it wasn't a lot of my hair that was colored all it took was 3 or 4 trims to completely get rid of it and start all over again.

This time around we bleached my hair before toning it. This did not go over well with a lot of the people I know. Obviously bleaching your hair is not the greatest thing for it, but I wanted to do something different and so I did. My 2 older sisters did ombre before me, but they left it as the bleached blonde. When they came to visit my mom let them know that she didn't like it and that it looked dead. My cousin had the ever traumatic experience of having the bleached parts of her hair fall off in big chunks (thankfully it was only the tips!) so she called me an idiot. It didn't help that my hair was orange after the first toner my stylist put into my hair. I went to her salon the next day and now it is a gorgeous light brown in contrast to my dark brown hair. I love it and I wanted to share all that with you.

The whole purpose of this post however, was to ask you guys: Would you color or bleach your hair knowing it isn't good for your hair? Also, why is it that we feel the need to do these things to ourselves simply for beauty's sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment