Sunday, June 16, 2013

e.l.f. Matte Lip Color

Hey guys, I'm here with another review for you! Today it is the e.l.f. Matte Lip Color. To the left you will see that I have already purchased 2 of them. The first in Natural and the second in Tea Rose. I have to say that I love these and they will be a staple for me for the summer. They are great on their own or you can layer them depending on your mood. They are perfectly pigmented and for a girl on a budget this is perfect. At $3 you really can't complain and I thought why not give them a try. They are a fairly new product and I only heard one person on youtube bring them up and she had good things to say about the Natural one I believe. I first got that one and after loving it so much I purchased Tea Rose, more because of the name than anything really.





I like to use them as a base for some of my lipsticks. The natural color creates a great foundation for a brighter lipstick that I own that I don't feel too comfortable wearing on its own. In the picture you can see I paired it with my Revlon Colorburst lip Butter in 090 Sweet Tart. It is such a bold and beautiful color, but when I put my e.l.f. matte lip under, they layer beautifully into a more natural bright pink. I can wear a bright lip without feeling like I'm blinding people with my lips!




The Tea Rose color layers beautifully with my Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 006 Pink Blush and Artistry light up lip gloss in Champagne. This has been a great, more natural but there's still something there, kind of lip. Graduation parties have begun and this has been one of my favorite lips to wear! I picked the lipstick a while ago and never really got on with the color on its own because I felt that it was a little too pink for my fair skin, but once I put the Tea Rose under it, I can't stop wearing it. This look is good with or without the lip gloss but I feel like with that as a top coat it really ties everything together.



Even though I love those combinations, I also really love wearing these on their own. I like the fact that they are buildable and you can get a good range of color from the one product on its own.

Natural, a very sheer look to a more natural, flushed pink look.

Tea Rose, a natural purple tint to a more rosey purple tint. 

Overall, I would definitely say to go get these just to throw into your purse. They are easy for on-the-go applying and it can be done without a necessarily having a mirror (which is always convenient!). I heard that not all the colors are flattering, but I think that these two are universal and would look good on any skin tone!

No comments:

Post a Comment